News from Room 15
April 11-22, 2016
We had a great time learning about weather the last few weeks. I think the favorites were windy and stormy weather. For the next two weeks we will be learning about spring and flowers. Spring is a great time of year for learning about new life and outside activities. Some highlights will be planting flowers, observing plants grow and tracking their growth in journals, matching mommy and baby animals, and making baseball cards. We will also be learning about using graphic organizers and sharing information with our classmates.
- Discovery with Dads is coming up in a few weeks. Please return your RSVP slips and see below for more information.
- We would love to have more parents in for classroom helpers! There are still plenty of days to sign-up. If you are unable to come in for the day but can send in a snack, we would appreciate that too.
Have a great week!
~ Ms. Jackie, Mrs. Joyce, Mrs. Patrice
Theme and Stories We Will Share
Spring and Flowers
When Spring Comes by Robert Maass
Spring Is Here! by Mary Packard
Now I Know Baby Animals by Melvin and Gilda Berger
Grow Flower, Grow! by Lisa Bruce
In the Garden by Scholastic
Now I Know Seeds by Melvin and Gilda Berger
We will know the name and sound for the letters Yy and Zz. (literacy)
We will be able to write the letters Yy and Zz. (literacy)
We will be able to identify sets of words that rhyme. (literacy)
We will understand that words have syllables. (literacy)
We will understand how to use a graphic organizer. (literacy)
We will be able to share information with classmates. (literacy)
We will be able to decode words and blend sounds. (literacy)
We will be able to compare and contract items. (literacy)
We will be able to put numbers 1-10 in order. (math)
We will be able to match numbers and quantity. (math)
We will be able to make groups for specific numbers. (math)
We will understand how to be safe, kind, and responsible in the hallways. (PBS)
We will know ways to calm out bodies when we are upset. (PBS)
We will be able to tell signs of spring.
We will know the life cycle of a plant.
Activities for Home
Look for signs of spring – such as green leaves, baby animals, bugs, or flowers.
Sound out words with three sounds such as cat, hop, rug, etc.
Clap out syllables of different words.
Count out groups from 1-15 at home.
- Friday, April 22nd - Book Orders due
- Friday, April 22nd - Rescheduled Self Control Lesson with Mrs. Beth
- April 28th-29th - Discovery with Dads (more information to come)
- May 2nd-6th - Duckling Days - wear duckling shirts or blue and yellow
- May 4th - Kindergarten transition lessons with Mrs. Beth
- May 12 & 13th - Field Days
- May 16th, 17th , 18th - These will all be MWF attendance days.
- Wednesday, May 18th - Last day for MWF am and pm classes
- May 18th - Graduation
Discovery with Dads
Mark Your Calendars! A graduation ceremony for this class will be held at school on Wednesday, May 18, 2016. More information will follow as the date gets closer.
April 15-17: Carsten S.
April 22-24: Emily W.
April 29-May 1: Carter W.
May 6-8: Jocelyn G.