5th Grade News
November 15 - 19, 2021
Focus of the Week
MATH - I can find area, perimeter, and volume of a given shape.
SCIENCE - I can recognize how landforms such as deltas, canyons and sand dunes are a result of changes to Earth's surface by wind, water, and ice.
SOCIAL STUDIES - I can explain how industry and mechanization of agriculture changed the American way of life, and explain how supply and demand affects consumers in our Country.
If your student will be out for an extended period of time please let us know so that we can gather a work packet so that your student does not fall too far behind.
Extra, Extra, Read All About It!
Important Information to Help Your Student!
What Can We Work on at Home?!?
You may have noticed that your student does not have daily homework. The only time a student should have homework is to make-up missed work from an absence or work that was not completed in class. Here are some suggestions if you want your student to have extra practice.
- Read daily for at least 20 minutes
- Practice fact fluency (multiplication & division)
- Log in to ClassLink and work on Math, Reading, Science, and Social Studies in Education Galaxy, or check out Sora, our online digital library.
- Shirt colors - Maroon, white, grey, navy, and black
- Pants must be hemmed and no holes or tears - Jeans or uniform bottoms in black, navy or khaki.
- Practice good hygiene daily
- Non-Dress Code winter coats must be REMOVED UPON ENTERING THE BUILDING.
- Not sure if it is in dress code? Check here