GCIS Friday Focus 4/15/2016
Be the Key to Our Success!
Special thanks to all the duty teachers and your efforts to keep our spaces in the morning and afternoon safe! Please let me know if there is anything that we may need to adjust.
What's Happening This Week!
- 3:30pm IEP
- Communication Club 7:45am Media Center
- Turn In Date for Color Run (All materials turned into the office)
- Admin Mtg 1pm
- Coaches & Admin Mtg 1:30pm
- Lunch Dates W/ Van Cleave
- K-12 Collaboration 2:00 pm HS
- Board Meeting Social Studies
- Van Cleave gone
- 3:15 IEP
- Clean Up Day
Color Run Details:
- We will be having the color run here in Grand Junction.
- ALL students will still be able to participate in the run even if they don't fund raise.
- If you have large water containers for water stations we are needing them on that day!
Clean Up Day Details
4th Grade Schedule:
- 9:30-10:00 Specials
- 10:00-10:30 Recess
- 10:50-11:15 Lunch
5th Grade Schedule:
- 10:00-10:30 Specials
- 10:30-10:55 Recess
- 11:00-11:20 Lunch
6th Grade Schedule:
- 10:00-10:30 Recess
- 10:30-11:10 Specials
- 11:10-11:30 Lunch
- We will be eating in the bleachers at the softball field.
- Students will go down to the lunchroom and pick up lunch, punch numbers, and head out to softball field.
- If weather is not cooperating we will not have our clean up day, and will run a normal schedule.
PBIS Incentive Day & Reading Challenge Update
Students will fill out a google form and indicate what prize they would like.
- 20 minutes of extra Recess (Date TBD)
- Ice Cream in Lunchroom
- Goody Bag (items like bounce ball, bookmark, pencil, and a treat)
Web House Days
Tuesday April 26th: 4th grade
Thursday April 28th: 5th Grade
Friday: April 29th: 6th grade
We will be ordering cheese pizza from Breadeaux Pizza.
- Each student will be given 2 pieces of pizza.
- Students can still bring their own lunch if they would like, or other items to go with their meal.
- The snack bar will be open for students to purchase items if they would like to bring money.
Students and staff will walk to middle school and load buses their to be transported to their normal locations i.e. (elementary school, GJ)
Dates til the End of the Year to Make Note Of....
Below is a link to dates for the remander of the year. Please feel free to add to this doc if there are other dates that we might have forgotten. I plan to keep this linked up in the newsletter each week! (example: if you are playing kickball at the softball field one afternoon, add that date to the doc.) Let me know if you have any questions! Can you believe it we have 42 more days! Wow, has the year flown!
Dates to Add to the Calendar