All About Bullying & How To Stop It.-By Shani and Izzi
What are the different types of bullying:
There different types of bullying. For example there are Cyberbullying, Physical bullying, Verbal Bullying and emotional Bullying.
What is Cyberbullying?
- sending mean text messages
- Posting statements online that are unkind or not true.
- Sending or posting pictures that are not yours to share.
- Making negative comments online about someone.
- Agreeing with someone who posts something hurtful.
What is Physical bullying?
- Pushing and shoving.
- Yelling at someone.
- Making rude gestures.
- Taking or breaking another person's things.
What is Emotional Bullying?
- Name calling.
- Making fun of someone.
- Laughing at someone.
- Leaving someone out on purpose.
- Starting rumours or telling lies about someone.
- sending mean messages on a computer or phone.
- Trying to make someone feel bad about who they are or what they look like.
What is Verbal Bullying?
- Put downs
strategies for dealing with bullying
- stay calm
- ignore the bully
- tell someone trustworthy
- tell the bully to stop
What are the effects of bullying at school?
- You don't feel apart of the school community.
- You don't like school.
- lack quality friendship at school.
- Show high levels of emotion such as sadness or depression.
- Low self-esteem.
- Have depression, anxiety, feelings of loneliness.
- feel suspicious of others.
- You can be at risk of suicide.
supporting victims of bullying
- encourage them to stand up to the bully
- don't by-stand
- be a friend to the victim
- support the victim
- tell an adult
-explains what bullying is
-how you can help
-you can contact them