Corona High School - A Tradition of Excellence Since 1896
Greetings Panther Families
This past week there were two student recognition events held by Riverside County Office of Education and Corona-Norco School District. Over the remaining weeks of this school year there will be many more banquets and celebrations from our various programs, athletics teams, and clubs. As busy as it is closing out this year and planning for the next one, these events are always a great way to celebrate our students' achievements and the wonderful things in which they are involved. I will use this platform to highlight those events.
Here's your Panther Prowl for April 27, 2018!
Antonio Gonzalez, Ed.D.,
Panther Academic Saturday School
- AP Physics in O-14 with Ms. Hernandez
- Chemistry in K-6 with Mrs. Pantoja
- AVID support in I-4 with Mrs. Frisone
*Please note that weekly support is dependent on teacher availability.
Class of 2018 News
- Senior Awards Night will be held on May 21st from 5:00-7:00 pm in our Performing Arts Center. Notifications will be going out soon.
- Senior Dinner Dance: Tickets are now on sale for $45.00 with an ASB card and $50.00 without. The dance will be held on Friday, May 18th at Green River Golf Course from 7:00-11:00 pm. The evening will include dinner, DJ, dancing, and senior awards. This is a "senior only" event.
- Graduation tickets will be on sale beginning May 1st for $10 cash, or $11 with credit card, but will not be distributed until May 29th during Grad Ticket Distribution at the designated time. Up to three (3) tickets may be purchased at a time beyond their be given four (4) complimentary. Only graduating seniors will be allowed to purchase tickets.
- Grad Night tickets to Magic Mountain are also on sale for $130 with an ASB card and $140 without. Don't let your senior miss this memorable senior event!
- Senior Sunset: Tickets will go on sale on Monday, April 30th for $5.00, which includes tacos and entrance to the Hypnotist Show. The Sunset will be held May 11th at 6:00 pm and is a "senior only" event.
- Senior T-shirts are still available for purchase. First come, first serve!
RCOE 13th Annual Student Academic Awards
CNUSD Tribute to Education Awards
- Outstanding Female Scholar of the Year, Mariela Centeno, 4.72 GPA
- Outstanding Male Scholar of the Year, Nicholas Taylor, 4.65 GPA
- Outstanding Female Athlete of the Year, Sugey Ceja for wrestling
- Outstanding Male Athlete of the Year, Robert Hamblin for water polo
- Outstanding Student of the Year, Hanna Habegger (involved in water polo and swim)
- Outstanding Volunteer of the Year, Carrie Malaspino, parent and PTSA member
Annual Staff vs. Seniors Basketball Game
Honor Platoon Week is a tradition that' held twice a year and is coming up the first week of May. The competition consists of Platoon Drill, a Physical Fitness Test, an Academic Test, and a Water Survival Skills test in our Aquatics Center. Good luck, cadets!
Our annual Military Ball will be held at the American Legion Post on May 11th. This is a fun evening with End of Year Awards, dinner, and dancing. Invites and permission slips will go out next week.
Track & Field: The regular season concluded yesterday with a home meet against Santiago and now we are gearing up for league finals and CIF competition. Let's go Panthers!
Girls Volleyball: Tryouts for Summer Teams will be held on Friday, May 4th from 6:00-8:00 pm. Registration begins at 5:30 pm and students must have an athletic clearance packet turned in to the Athletic Office prior to tryouts.
Boys Basketball: Tryouts for Varsity and JV will be held on Monday, May 7, 2018 from 4:30 pm -7:00 pm . Freshman tryouts will be held on Monday, June 4th from 12:30-3:00 pm. As with any other tryouts, students must have a clearance packet on file.
A Corona High School Youth Basketball Camp will be held on Saturday, May 19th and Sunday, May 20th from 1:00–4:00 pm. Boys and Girls in grades 3-8 are invited to attend. This camp will be run by our Varsity Boys Basketball Head Coach, Chris Maffucci, staff, and players.
Girls Basketball: The Power 106 and KDAY 93.5 ALL Star Basketball Game will be held on Thursday, May 17th at 7:00 pm in our main gym. Tickets are $10.00 for adults, $5.00 with an ASB card, and $7.00 without for Ages 10-17.
Sports Physicals are coming to Corona High on May 23rd at 3:00 pm in C-3. The cost is $30.00 cash.
Please note that this window will close on April 30th, time is running short.
Textbook Room News
Counseling Department and College/Career Center
Be sure to follow our counseling department via our newest Twitter account @CoronaHScounsel for the latest counseling updates. You can also stay current with text updates by signing up for your appropriate grade level:
9th grade text "81010" with the message "@corona2021"
10th grade text "81010" with the message "@corona2020"
11th grade text "81010" with the message "@corona2019"
12th grade text "81010" with the message "@corona2018"
Mr. Pruett, A-Dec (email@example.com)
Mr. Hernandez, Puente 10th/12th grade (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mr. Haggins, Del-Ji (email@example.com)
Mrs. Martin, Jo-Pe (firstname.lastname@example.org))
Mrs. Santos, Puente 9th/11th and Pf-Top (email@example.com)
Ms. Tran, AVID and Torres-Var (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms. Babin, STEM and Vas-Z (email@example.com)
Dr. Schneider, Intervention Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org)
Social Media and Corona High School App
Panther Pulse: http://www.cnusd.k12.ca.us/Page/44767
Follow me on Twitter @CoronaPrincipal (https://twitter.com/CoronaPrincipal) and join us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/coronahigh/).
If you have not downloaded the Corona High School app, you must! It is available for all phone formats and it's FREE! We are continuously improving its features and is a great way to stay connected. See screenshots below...
Corona High School Administration
John Abbott, AP (email@example.com)
Jeyan Danesh, AP (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deena Rodriguez, AP (email@example.com)
Charlotte Vega, AP (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jason Mitchell, AP Athletics (email@example.com)
Julie Stivers, AP Activities (firstname.lastname@example.org)