Unit 1 Week 5
WONDERS IS ONLINE!
- Stay connected with the skills, strategies, and stories we are learning in our Reading program!
- Just click the link to log in: ConnectEd Wonders Reading Series!
- Be sure to use your child's unique username and password!
This Week's Spelling Lists:
Please make daily Spelling practice a priority. Also, take advantage of Spelling City! It is a fabulous online resource and it makes Spelling practice much more fun!
This Week's Spelling Rule:
- Long o
- The ow is a long o spelling that can be found in the middle or at the end of a word or in a syllable.
- The spellings o, ow, oe, and oa are also used for the long o sound.
Approaching Word List:
soak, load, coast, boat, gold, cold, sold, slow, grows, show, slope, bone, home, open, foe
On Level Word List:
coast, float, toad coal, soak, gold, sold, scold, slope, broke, note, bone, slow, show, foe
This Week's Wonders Highlights
carved; clues; grand; landmark; massive; monument; national; traces
Multiple Meaning Words
Ask and Answer Questions
Main Idea and Key Details