- Both parties In a civil lawsuit must follow certain rules or procedures tha describe every step of the trial.
- The three stages of a civil lawsuit are court pleadings, gathering, evidence, and trial.
- Because the plaintiff brings the civil case to court, the plaintiff is responsible for providing enough evidence to support the claim.
- Pleadings- written explanations of their cases.
- Evidence- proof that supports their claims.
- Plaintiff- a lawyer that brings a case to court.
- Judge- a justice who makes the ruling of the case.
- Jury- a group of people who decide the ruling of the case.