First Grade News
1/5 - 1/1/8
1/11 - 1/15 - College Week
1/11 - "Don't Sweat It, College is possible for everyone!" - Wear sweats
1/12 - "Dream of going to College" - Wear slippers
1/12 - Science Fair Projects Due
1/13 - "Career Day" - Dress as your future career
1/13 - Science Fair Open House 3:00 - 4:00
1/14 - "Top off your Education" - Wear a college hat
1/15 - "Plano helps prepare you for college” - Wear your favorite college shirt/colors or wear a Plano Wildcat shirt/colors to Camp College.
1/15 - YEARBOOK ORDER DEADLINE
Spelling Words - We will have a test on Friday
Optional Challenge Words
- I can blend words with scr, scp, str.
- i can identify and read contractions with not.
- I can use and identify vocabulary words from a story.
- I can understand the characteristics of a realistic fiction story.
- I can identify parts of a fable.
- I can work as a team.
- I can explain where holidays come from and describe why they are important.
- I can use the writing process to plan, draft, edit and publish my research.
- I can recognize that numerical expressions with different numbers and operational signs can have the same value.
- I can balance equations.
- I can decide which material would be the best choice for solving a problem.