Al Capone Does My Shirts
The author of Al Capone Does My Shirts.
Al Capone Does My Shirt
The amazing book you should totally read.
Beginning in November 1969, the island was occupied for more than 19 months by a group of aboriginal people from San Francisco who were part of a wave of Native activism across the nation with public protests through the 1970s.
About The Book
Do You Wanna Read It?
What Do You Think?
The Big Escape!
in June of 1962, three men broke out of their cell house and disappeared into the bay in a homemade raft. Frank Morris, the brilliant mastermind of the escape, as well as John Anglin and his brother Clarence were never seen again. But Patrick Mahoney, who ran the launch that traveled between Alcatraz and the mainland, has some doubts he said “I felt that they didn’t make it, but I thought we’d find a body. We didn’t find a body.” In the many years that have passed since that June night in 1962, no one has reported seeing Frank Morris, John Anglin, or Clarence Anglin. They may have beaten the odds, and survived their escape from Alcatraz. So do you think they escaped or died at sea but never was found?
10 things I have learned about Alcatraz or from the book!
2. The first escape tried was from 3 men who were never seen again
3. Alcatraz has major stories on what happened
4. People think Alcatraz is haunted
5. People actually live there besides criminals
6. There were many failed attempts to escape
7. That the criminals got to play baseball when they go out to the rec yard
8. Al Capone actually got sent there
9. So many people were murdered in the prison
10. People went crazy living there