May 29, 2015
Get out your jeans!
WWEA Members, please visit the Staff Center to vote on Back to School Social!
Rain Plan for Friday
- Discovery Day: Our Discovery Day chairs are working on a rain plan in the event it is needed.
- Field Day: One game in the gym, one game in the main hall and one game in the bus hall.
- 5th Grade Walk: We would start this at approximately 3:10. Classes would come to the hallway like the Kindergarten Halloween parade; parents would sign in and go to the multi-purpose room. 5th grade teachers would lead students down the stairs by 4A and parade through the halls and the multi-purpose room.
Do your very best 'Stay Away, Rain!' dance! Look for direct updates via email.
Staffing Updates: 2015-16
- PE, Art, Music and orchestra teachers are all returning.
- Melissa Vesta is returning to teach half-day Kindergarten.
- Steffanie Meeks will be the certified school nurse at Wiesbrook.
2014-15 End of Year Reminders
Off Campus Permission Slip Reminder
Thank you for planning ahead!
Please review the Memo to stay current on building parent communication & events!
Chromebooks from the New200 Foundation
Food @ Lowell
Save the Date: 2015-16
- Back to School Social: Tuesday, August 18 from 4:30-6 (pending BLT vote; alternate time 6-7:30)
- Curriculum Night: Thursday, September 3 (Time TBD pending district information about principal report duration)
Professional Learning Calendar
Common Formative Assessments
Thanks to everyone for your hard work in meeting this District 200 expectation!
Celebration of Learning Assembly
Please let me know one person per grade level who would like the editing rights for that slide deck. I will share as I receive names.
Please consider writing a post for our blog!!
Week of June 1-5 & June 8
Monday, June 1
- Kathy @ principal's association meeting before school
- Staff luncheon RSVP & $5 due
- Mr. Blazek retirement congrats; 8:45 a.m. in Staff Center
Tuesday, June 2
- Secret Star Breakfast; 8:30 a.m. in Staff Center (Bring Star's favorite treat/snack w/paper star with clue attached)
- 1st Grade to Brookfield Zoo; 9:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
- Scarce visits 3rd Grade; 9:30-11:45 (45 minutes per classroom)
- 5th grade picnic; 10:45 a.m.- 2 p.m. (departure from park) at Hoffman Park
- Please be sure you have shared examples or celebrations related to target skills on the charts in the Staff Center.
Wednesday, June 3
- Staff meeting; 8:30 a.m. in LLC (Agenda linked, but may be expanded before Wednesday.)
- Half-Day Kindergarten Parent Program; 10:45-11:30 a.m. & 2:30-3:15 p.m.
- 2R Class Plays; 11:15 a.m.
- 3rd Grade Watermelon Day (In place of class picnic)
- Book inventories due to Cathy
Thursday, June 4
- IEPs/Problem solving as scheduled
- Half-day Kindergarten Picnic; 9:45 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. @ Triangle Park
- 4C Class play @ 11:40 a.m.
- Staff luncheon; 12-1 p.m. in Staff Center
- 4th Grade to Hoffman Park; 1:50-3:25 p.m.
- Candy's baby gift presentation; 3:45 p.m. in Staff Center
- (Volunteer parents going through indoor recess equipment from 12:30-3:30 p.m.; Location TBD)
- PACE Open House; 6:30-7:30 p.m. in LLC
Friday, June 5
- Discovery Day: Session 1 (9:20-10:05 a.m.); Session 2 (10:10-10:55 a.m.); & Session 3 (11-11:45 a.m.)
- Kathy leaves mid-morning for doctoral defense; e-mail will be sent w/administrator on duty information
- Volunteer Luncheon: 12-1 p.m. in LLC
- Field Day: Grades 3-5 (1-2 p.m.) & Grades K-2 (2-3 p.m.)
- 5th Grade Walk @ 3 p.m.
- Complete Celebration of Learning slides (Due by Sunday, 6/7)
Monday, June 8
- School-wide Celebration of Learning Assembly; Monday, June 8; 9:30 in Gym/MPR
- First Grade Picnic; Monday, June 8
- Second Grade Picnic: 10:30 – 2pm @ Hoffman Park
- Last Day of Art & PE; Monday, June 8 (Any teachers not attending should communicate with specials teachers in advance.)