Issue 29- March 21, 2016
Love Each Other, Learn Together, Lead the Way
Step right up, step right up! Our second annual Edtech Share Fair is coming to Southside Elementary on March 23, 2016, 4:00 to 5:30 pm. Sixteen teachers from around the district (elementary, middle and high school in several different content areas) will set up their “station booths” and give short presentations on various tools, as well as lead mini-discussions with audience members. Hear how they have integrated their edtech into their classrooms and impacted student learning.
But this is no typical PD! With Adam Watson as your carnival barker, be prepared to rotate through only the stations you select in the order that you want. So come one, come all, whether you are a Shelby County employee or are outside of the district and want to join our fun! Be sure to use our event hashtag #SCsharefair.
To order your FREE tickets, visit the Eventbrite page here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/edtech-share-fair-2016-tickets- 21353670403
The GAFE Certification Bootcamps
The GAFE Certification Bootcamps, powered by EdTechTeam, will guide you through the fundamentals of using GAFE in the classroom. Our Certification Bootcamps are led by Google Certified Trainers that will help you gain the knowledge and understanding of how to use Google tools in the classroom while preparing to successfully gain certification. EdTechTeam sends the best trainers in the world, all over the world, to help teachers not merely learn tools, but discover new educational possibilities for their students and for themselves.
This kind of professional training has not been offered in Kentucky and there are two opportunites in April:
Nelson County: April 16 (Heather Warrell is the contact at Thomas Nelson High School in Bardstown) Shelby County: April 23 (John Leeper is the contact at Southside Elementary School Shelbyville)
The short version:
1. It’s a Saturday.
2. Attendees SHOULD attain Level 1 certification by paying the nominal fee and taking the assessment online prior to attending (should take 3 hours).
3. At the end of the training on the 23rd, attendees receive a voucher to take the Level 2 certification training
. 4. Cost is $199 [See Kim if you are really interested]
For more information, click on these links. https://sites.google.com/a/edtechteam.com/www/bootcamps
- Baby Deutsch Shower @ 2:45
- Science Committee Mt. from 3-4 @ CO. ALL committee members are expected to go.
- Kindergarten Registration 9-1
- Pawfessional Learning : EdTech Resources & Schoology w/Leeper & Crew
- Report Cards Go Home
- EdTech Share Fair @4:00
- I Team
- Art Night Staff Dinner 5:00-6:00 ( I'll have it delivered by 4:30)...bakers are welcomed to bring desserts.
- Art Night 6:00-8:00 PM
- PSE Pride Day
- PTO Paper Drive Ends
- Pawfessional Learning: Making Thinking Visible w/ Edwards, Durcholz, & Williams
- PSE's March Madness Family Game Night 5:30-7:30
- 5th Grade leaves for Washington DC Trip
PLEASE BE ON TIME ... THE KIDS DON"T WAIT FOR US...IJS
Front Hallway Mrs. Hymer
Bus (AM&PM) Mrs. Campanell, Mr. Anderson
Breakfast Ms. Spry, Ms. Tipton, Mrs. Collins
Gym (AM) Mrs. Vermillion, Ms. Bland
Car Rider (AM) Mrs. Acklin, Mrs. Duvall, Mrs. Hodges, Mrs. Tinsley, & 3 leaders Mrs. Hampe's Family
Car Rider (PM) Mrs. Suddick, Mrs. Warren, Mrs. Hampe, Mrs. Williams, Mrs. Zaring
Sally Zaring & Kelly Bransom-8
Debbie Fox- & Maggie Nicholson- 27