Miss Sears' Class News
November 10th - November 14th
- November 11th- First Music Performance for Veteran's Day
- November 18th- 2nd Music PTA Performance/Practice after school until performance at 6:00PM AND Family night for the Book Fair from 6:00-8:00PM
- Nov. 17th-21st- BOOK FAIR!
- Nov. 24th- Nov.28th- Thanksgiving Break
- December 5th- LISDOLA Field Trip (more information to come)
Native American Tribe Experts using Google Presentations to show off what they know about their tribes!
4th Grade Music Performances
Scholastic Reading Club
Or click on the link below:
Next book order due date: Nov. 14th
THE BOOK FAIR COMING SOON!!
More information about previewing and ordering online went home in Tuesday folders last week.
iPad Information for Parents
- Check out the link below for additional iPad information/clarification https://docs.google.com/document/d/1inJCWkZuf6j-yG8YimI_J3sg4qNYPF2hjZcl_YuJpMQ/edit?usp=sharing
Think Through Math (TTM)
Total Lessons due this Monday: 16
- Math- This week in math we will be working on making arrays and working on a fun PBL (Project Based Learning) to make candy boxes using arrays. This will help solidify and build our understanding of multiplication! The Candy Box Project will be a major grade due Friday.
- Writing- Last week we learned how to write a good 4th grade paragraph using the hamburger paragraph model, so this week we will be focusing on writing good leads and conclusions to our writing. I think we will see a lot of creativity continue to flow out of these young authors.
- Reading- We will write a summary on Monday using the Somebody Wanted But So Then model for a daily grade, then continue on in Reader's Workshop to learn about Story Elements. All week I will be conferencing with students about the current books they are reading during our Read 20 time. This will be a daily grade, also.
- Science- We will wrap up our mixtures and solutions unit this week as we finish our visuals and complete a mixtures and solutions checkpoint. The visual and the checkpoint will be combined for a major grade.
- Social Studies- Last week students picked a native american tribe they were interested in learning more about. They were then put into groups with other students that chose that tribe. We began working on our Google Presentations to compile their tribes' information which they will share with other groups this week. Students will then compare and contrast the tribe they became an "expert" on with another group's tribe. The students are really enjoying using Google Drive and collaborating with one another. I am very proud of them!
- Here are some helpful websites where you can find more information about some of the tribes:
- Spelling- New words on Monday