How to Start
To start an exercise program you need a specific strategy to help you get off the ground. It isn't enough to know that you should start exercising. Here are some tips that can help you start:
- Set achievable goals: For example plan to go workout for 20 minutes three times a week.
- Plan out your workouts in advance: Leave daily reminders
- Start slowly: Do not try to do too much. Break up your workout in small segments.
One of the most important things to keep in mind is that while you work out stay safe.
- You might want to visit your doctor before starting any training program.
- Always warm up. This can include walking, jogging, or stretching five to ten minutes before starting any work out.
- Eat about two hours before starting a workout. This can help fuel your workout.
- Drink at least 16 oz of water in the two hours before you workout and during your workout to stay hydrated.
- Take a couple of days off a week to keep you rested.
You want to start off small. Over time you can increase the length and intensity of your workout, but at the beginning it is important to take things slow.
- Find a way to implement at least 10 minutes of working out a day.
- Create a weekly routine that you can keep up with.
- While watching TV, during commercial breaks do five push-ups.
- If you start to fell nausea, dizziness or shortness of breath you may be pushing yourselves to hard. Take a break and lessen your intensity.