3rd Grade Weekly Update
Writing- I can compose an expository composition.
Math-I can solve single and multi-step word problems involving multiplication and division using strategies, pictures, and equations.
Science-I can identify how the sun rotates affects night and day. I can explain the order of the inner planets.
Social Studies- I can identify and use the parts of a map.
Reading- Read each day for at least 20 minutes. We are studying nonfiction right now, so reading any type of nonfiction text would be great!
Vocabulary Unit 8 Quiz on Thursday!
We are starting a new program called Lexia Core 5. Students can log in through Clever and practice at home. The activities are specially curated for each student in order to address his or her personal needs, and students need to spend at least 40 minutes a week on the program between school and home.
Writing- Spelling Quiz on Friday! (IXL Language Arts Lessons TT.1 & TT.2 are great to study Contractions!)
Math-Practice Multiplication Facts 3x a week for 10 minutes!
Unit 3 Multiplication and Division Test Friday February 5th
*We will be reviewing in class all week on these skills
*Practicing your facts nightly will be the biggest help!
Science-Solar System Project Due February 22nd
*Please fill out the form and return to your teacher by this coming Monday
Social Studies- None
MULTIPLICATION PRACTICE AT HOME: PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
December: 0, 1, 2, and 3
January: 5 and 10
February: 4 and 6
March: 7 and 8
May: All Facts Fluently
Below are some ways to practice at home:
- Your child can sign on to xtramath.org at home and practice.
- Old-fashioned flash cards (send your child's teacher an email if you need some)
- Create chants and rhymes to help memorize (example-https://www.lewispalmer.org/cms/lib/CO01900635/Centricity/Domain/874/MultiplicationRhymes.docx.pdf)
- Play Multiplication War at-home (directions-https://www.multiplication.com/our-blog/jen-wieber/multiplication-war-card-game-0)
- Listen to Multiplication Songs (example-https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWphMREEQDrjzT4i4YKwkG93UUsM_X3Hp
- Download Multiplication Fact Apps on I-Pads or Computers and play https://imaginationsoup.net/best-multiplication-apps-kids/
Here is a website that has songs, apps, and hands-on tools for at-home practice as well: