Irons Jr. High Newsletter
We Are Hawks!
Welcome To Irons
I want to welcome you to Irons Jr. High. We are so excite to meet all of the Hawks that will make Irons home for the next two years! I know that the transition to Jr. High School can be a time filled with apprehension and anxiety. As a parent myself, I think the change was harder on us than our kids! We know that we will not only have students making the traditional transition to Jr. High, but we will also have many students who will be returning to in-person instruction for the first time in over a year. I want everyone to know we are here to help with the transition to Irons Jr. High. At any time, you can reach out to our counselors with questions or concerns. Our counselors will return to campus in late July.
To ease the transition, Irons will host a schedule pick-up day on Friday, July 30. Schedule pick-up will be a come-and-go event that will enable you to pick up your schedule and tour the building. Our 7th-grade students may attend from 8:00-12:00, and 8th-grade students may attend 1:00-4:00. All students must be up to date on vaccines to receive a schedule.
We are excited to announce online verification of student registration for the upcoming school year! This process replaces the paper forms sent home at the beginning of each school year. Your verification of student registration for your student in Conroe Independent School District is now available online. Please see more detailed information below.
Just a reminder that the Tdap (Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis) and Meningococcal are required BEFORE the first day of school, August 11, 2021, as well as any other immunizations not in compliance with state law. If your child has received these immunizations and you have NOT sent a copy to Irons Jr. High, please send your student's updated record via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (936) 709-8599. If you turned in the vaccination record last year will have all need information on file. If you wish to receive an exemption for immunizations, please request the form online at https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/exemptions.aspx .
The form must be notarized and the original kept in your student's school health file.
I will continue with communication throughout the summer. Please watch your email and text for continued updates.
Once again, we look forward to seeing everyone July, 30th at schedule pick up.
Irons Jr. High Principal
We Are Hawks!
District Verification of Student Registration
You should have received an email this week with all of the following information. Please remember that the information will have gone to the email we have on file. Please check your spam folder if you did not see the email. If you need to update contact information this is how you will make the changes.
To the parent(s) of:
We are excited to announce online verification of student registration for the upcoming school year! This process replaces the paper forms sent home at the beginning of each school year. Your verification of student registration for Student at Conroe Independent School District is now available online.
How do I get started?
Click this snapcode link: individual for each student
What’s a snapcode?
By clicking on the link above, you are automatically entering your child's snapcode. The snapcode is like a key to your child’s verification of student registration for the upcoming school year. You should receive a unique snapcode or snapcode link for each child.
Should I create an account?
- If you’ve never completed an online verification of student registration, you should create an account. This allows you to securely save your work and come back at a later time if necessary. You can use your email address or cell phone number.
- If you already have an account, you can sign in and complete the form. (You should use the same account to complete forms for multiple children.)
Do I have to answer all the questions?
Questions marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change, click on the underlined field or click “< Prev” to return to a previous page.
I’ve completed the form, now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
What if I have more than one student in the district?
Do I need to do this for each child? Yes, because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you submit one verification of student registration and then start another – this will allow you to “snap over” shared family information, which will save you time.
I don’t know what a question is asking.
You can contact your child's school or email at email@example.com to ask any general questions about the form or the online verification of student registration process.
Help! I’m having technical difficulties.
For technical support, visit our PowerSchool Enrollment Family Support at https://help.powerschool.com/t5/reg or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 752-6850, Monday through Friday, 7 AM - 4 PM.
If you will need bus transportation and have not signed up in the past please do so as soon as possible.
Did you know?
- That when you sign up for free and reduced lunch every year that you not only support your family with a needed benefit, but Irons Jr. High also receives increased funding for the school year. That extra funding is purely based on the number of students who receive service. You are helping your family and Irons Jr. High by completing the application every year. Please do not miss out on these available benefits.
- Applications may be completed on-line at https://www.myschoolapps.com/
- Complete one application per household. Eligibility is based on family income and size, or if the family has a SNAP or TANF number. The guidelines are located on the Free and Reduced Application.
- Parents will be notified if the students are eligible for Free/Reduced Meals.
- Students who participated in the Free/Reduced program during the previous year in Conroe ISD may continue to eat at the same Free/Reduced status for the first 30 days of school. When a new application is completed before the 30-grace period ends, the new status overrides last year’s status.
- Applications may take up to 10 days to process.
- Foster children are eligible for Free meals. Please contact our office with student information for faster processing or fill out an online application.
- Parents must pay for student’s meal until the lunch application is processed.
- You, your children or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply.
- All student financial information is kept confidential in the Child Nutrition Office.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT NAZIA NIZAM (936) 709-8197 or email@example.com
Please do not miss out on this benefit, complete your application before your child loses benefits on September 17, 2021
***SCHEDULE PICK UP and FOOTBALL EQUIPMENT PICK UP 7/30***
7/30 Schedule Pick up Day
7th Grade 8-12
8th Grade 1-4
7/30 Football Equipment Pick up Day
8/11 First Day of School
8/18 Irons Open House
8/16-8/27 Book Fair
8/26 Picture Day
8/31 First Football Game
9/2 First Volleyball Game
9/6 Labor Day
Missed the Deadline for School Supplies?
- You can order in person at Irons Jr. High Monday-Thursday until July 30, 2021, for $74.05
- Order on Schedule pick up day, July 30, 2021, for $74.05
- You can order online by July 30, 2021 and have the items shipped to your house for $87.34
Orders will arrive before school starts.
Support Irons Jr. High by Purchasing School Supplies by using code IRO018. All packages can be delivered to your house with at retail cost of $87.34.
The PTO at Irons Jr. High is looking for parent volunteers and board members for the 21-22 school year. Almost all board positions are still available if you are interested. Also, throughout the year, there are fun activities and opportunities to help. If you are interested in helping out, please let us know how you can help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to donate:
Sign up as a Board Member - email@example.com
To be notified of various opportunities throughout the year - Remind101 text- @ironspto to 81010
Gifts of Green:
Venmo (coming soon)
AmazonSmile, donate to Irons Junior High PTO. You have to go to AmazonSmile before making purchases.
Please print, complete form and return to Irons Jr. High in the summer or at schedule pick up day.
Incoming 7th Grade Immunizations
Parents just a reminder that Tdap (Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis) and Meningococcal are required BEFORE the first day of school, August 11, 2021, as well as any other immunizations not in compliance with state law. The Department of State Health Services is not waiving the immunization requirements due to Covid-19.
If your child has received these immunizations and you have not sent a copy of your vaccine record to the school, please forward your student's updated record via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (936) 709-8599.
If you wish to receive an exemption for immunizations, please request the form online at https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/exemptions.aspx . The form must be notarized and the original kept here in your student's health file.
Students must have an updated vaccine record on file with Irons to receive a schedule on the summer schedule pick-up day.
Enjoy your summer and stay well!
Leslie Marcelissen, RN