From the Helm
Keeping the Crew up to Date! Volume 1 Issue 1 - 8/20/21
Greetings Clipper Nation!
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the official start of the 2021-2022 school year which begins on September 7th for first time 9th graders and September 8th for all students. As we begin to look toward this start of school there is a lot of information to share. Please be on the lookout for a phone/email message with lots of information to include; how to access your schedule, how to request a schedule change, application for free and reduced meals, parking permit options, etc. I am looking forward to a great year and I can't wait to see you in person! Principal Savage
How do I Stay in the Know?
The best way to stay in the know is to make sure we have accurate information on file. Please look over all the information on the Student Personal Data and Enrollment Information Form as this is the information we currently have on file for you. Make any corrections to the form in blue. If you need additional space for emergency contact use a separate sheet of paper. Sign the back of the form and return it to the school. If you prefer to fill out a new form you can find a copy on our website.
Other ways to stay connected:
Guidance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JMBGuidance/
JMB Sports Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/wcboejmbsports/
Instagram: (future) https://www.instagram.com/wcboejmb/
School # 410-677-5141
What You Need to Know to Get Started!
9th & 10th Grade Open House
Thursday, Sep. 2nd, 4-6pm
James M Bennett High School
On September 2nd from 4-6pm, 9th & 10th grade students will be able to participate in an open house. During this time 9th & 10th grade students and families can explore the building and pick up laptops. 9th grade families will have the added opportunity to eat and receive a special class of 2025 T-shirt. *Avoid the line at this event by accessing your schedule through the portal and taking a screenshot.
11th & 12th Grade - Get Your Laptop Early
Thursday, Sep. 2nd, 9am-2pm
James M Bennett High School
- Masks are required for staff, students, and family members entering all Wicomico County Public Schools.
- We will not be using hallway lockers this year unless there is an extenuating reason a student would require a locker.
- If students have ATEX first period they need to be on the back bus ramp by 7:30am to leave on the ATEX bus by 7:35am.
- Laptops need to be charged and brought to school every day.
- Students are expected to check their school email regularly.
- We are looking for students interested in becoming leaders of the CLIPPER NATION. These leaders will be the students called upon to help with various school activities. More information about an application process to come.
- Students should come dressed appropriate for school each and every day.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be free for everyone this year.
- Breakfast will be served between 7:25 and 7:35
- Lunch will occur during a student's 3rd period class.
- No outside beverages allowed in the building - water only.
- All students have access to free lunch. The office will not be accepting outside food.
Guidance & Administration
In order to better assist our families we are pairing up our guidance counselors and administration for the 2021-2022 school year.
Kathy Klaverweiden & Nikki Blake
10th –12th grade (A-D)
Krista Baker & Brent Lewis
10th-12th grade (E-J)
Jelisa Payton & Jason Capobianco
10th-12th grade (K-Q)
Jesse Serig & Sarah Harmon
10th-12th grade (R-Z )
Luann Flores & Amy Rhodes
Forms You Can Locate on Our Website: jmb.wcboe.org
Student Personal Data & Emergency Form (English/Spanish/Creole)
Publicity Opt Out
Family Portal Information
School Email Login Information
Accessing Schedule Directions - Portal Opens September 2nd
Integrated Pest Management Information
Free and Reduced Lunch Forms
School Bus Routes
Survey and Research Opt Out
September Lunch Menu
2021-2022 Assessment Calendar
Asbestos Management Plan
School Supply List
New - Covid-19 Parent Notification
New - Covid testing student consent