August 19, 2022
Introducing the Newest Member of the PCHS Admin Team: Sandy Buczek!
Here is a brief overview of the main responsibilities of each administrator at PCHS:
Julia McBride, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Improvement
- Staff Professional Development & Evaluation
- Public Relations
- Discipline Appeals & Title IX Decision-Maker
- Curriculum & Assessment
April Woods, Principal of Student Services, email@example.com
- Student Discipline
- Alternative Education Director
- Title IX Investigator
- Special Education Department Evaluator
- Student Handbook
- Emergency Protocols Coordinator
Sandy Buczek, Dean of Academic Support, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 504 Coordinator
- Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) Coordinator
- Restorative Practices Coordinator
- Testing Coordinator
Meet Rosie and Her Handler, Marsha Lesley!
While PCHS does not yet have it's own official district therapy dog, we are very excited to welcome a new furry friend on a volunteer basis this year!
After many years as a practicing nurse, and many more as a nurse educator, Marsha Lesley, along with her husband, Craig, decided to take on a new challenge by welcoming a new Labrador retriever puppy into their home. Rosie came from South Carolina and is now eleven months old. She has had seven months of formal training as a therapy dog, in the same cohort as Willow and Roxie, our new pups at Navigator and Pathfinder. Marsha (who also happens to be Principal Julia McBride’s mother) welcomes the opportunity to bring Rosie to Pinckney High School to provide affection, comfort, and enjoyment to our students and staff.
If you have questions or concerns (i.e. your student is allergic, afraid, etc. of dogs), please email Principal McBride at email@example.com so we can be sure to plan accordingly.
Did You Miss the 2022-23 Registration Days?
Online Back-to-School Registration - If you haven't yet completed this in MiStar Parent Connect, please do! PTO donation and parking permit can be paid for online via the SBA online payment system as a part of this process.
Student Schedules & Locker Assignments in MiStar - Students should be able to view their class schedule and locker assignment / combination in MiStar as of today.
Schedule Changes - Counselors will be fielding schedule change requests ONLY IF a student has a hole in their schedule, is missing a graduation requirement they need this year, or if the request influences better-balanced class sizes. Counselors: Amy Robinson (A-Le) firstname.lastname@example.org and Nicole Braun (Li-Z) email@example.com
Wanting to Explore the Building, Find Your Classes, and Practice Your Lock Combination? - Feel free to come in next week during school hours!
Make-Up Picture Day: August 31 - For any student who was unable to attend registration, have their picture taken, and receive a student ID.
Picture Re-Take Day: October 11 - For any student who was not satisfied with their original picture or was unable to attend registration or the make-up day in August.
Forms - All potentially relevant forms to ensure you are set to go for the year and connected to start-of-year opportunities are linked below. Print, fill out, and bring into the Main Office along with associated check or cash.
Introducing the Pirate Closet
We are proud to announce the launch of The Pirate Closet, led by the PCHS Counseling Team. If you would like to contribute, please bring in gently used clothing in a range of sizes for teenagers and/or food items such as canned goods, dry goods, and things that store well. Deodorant, body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, and toothbrushes are also welcomed. All donations should be brought to the Student & Family Service Center (SFSC). Any student or PCHS family in need can visit the SFSC to seek access to the Pirate Closet or email your student's counselor directly.
Amy Robinson (A-Le) firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Braun (Li-Z) email@example.com
Requests will be kept confidential. We are committed to continually improving and expanding upon the ways we support our students and their ability to be successful.
First Day of School
Our first day of school is Monday, August 29. It is a half day, which runs from 7:30-10:55. Students will follow this schedule:
Livingston CTE Program Start Dates
Additional information about each program was attached to student schedules on registration days and can also be accessed via the Student & Family Service Center.
2022-23 PCHS Bell Schedules
PCHS on Social Media
If you don't already, follow us on:
- Twitter at @PinckneyHigh
- Instagram at @pinckneyhighschool
- Facebook at Pinckney Community High School.
We do our best to use these platforms for important announcements, newsworthy events, and fun things that keep parents and students connected to PCHS.
Looking for Pinckney Gear?
Or head on over to our athletic site here!
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
PCHS Calendar: Check out the ongoing school year calendar here!
- Monday, August 29: First Day of 2022-23 School Year
- Friday, September 2: No School
- Monday, September 5: No School - Labor Day
- Wednesday, September 14, 6-8pm: PCHS Curriculum Night (This will take the place of the originally scheduled virtual meeting intended for August 18.)
- Friday, September 30 & Saturday, October 1: Homecoming Weekend!
District-Wide Calendars: https://www.pinckneypirates.org/page/calendars
Upcoming Week's Athletic Schedule - Go Pirates!!
If you have any questions please let your counselor know:
Ms. Robinson (A-Le) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Braun (Li- Z) - email@example.com
Local Employment Opportunities
Pinckney Community Schools
If you know someone who would thrive in a small learning community environment focused on student connection, empowerment, and preparedness for life beyond high school, send them our way!
- Line Cook
- Call Pat Wright @ 810.623.3383 to inquire
- Wait Staff
- Call Pat Wright @ 810.623.3383 to inquire
- Full-Day Schedule: 7:30am-2:30pm
- Half-Day Schedule: 7:30am-10:55am
- Friday Early Release Schedule: 7:30am-1:09pm
- PCHS is a closed campus. Only those approved to leave the building (i.e. for CTE, Dual Enrollment, Co-Op) may exit the building during school hours, and only through the South entrance. This is in service of ensuring all students are safely where they should be!
- If running late to school, students need to park in the Main Entrance lot (South side) in order to sign in at the Main Office. The North doors will be locked after 7:45am.
- Students are assigned parking spots as a part of purchasing a parking pass. Make sure you're parking in your spot!
- PCS Transportation Code of Conduct