The HRMS - Human Resource Management System
Strategic Human resource management
Understanding what is human resource management is a great question for both business leaders and HR professionals. HR professionals have tried to get a seat at the table for than a decade with their business heads to influence how to run a business and to upraise the importance of human resource functions. The HR is not much involved often in either key decision and strategy development on how the business is run. This is because the HR leaders will not explain strategic HR functions or in other cases, some business owners don’t fully appreciate the strategy. From understanding the basic of HR management System, both HR professionals and business leaders can get the advantage of it.
What is a talent management strategy?
The business success totally depends on getting the right people regardless of its strategy. The importance of right people on the bus is well explained by Jim Collins in his popular book called good to great. The realm of human resource is getting productive and the right people on the bus. If you are a senior HR leader who want to be strategic then you must do the below mentioned duties.
- · Explain the critical situation that support the strategy. Not every position is equal. Than other some to execute the strategy are more critical. Understanding the critical positions will make a business leader to focus their resources and attention where to get the best value for the money and HR professionals can make this entry point to enhance their strategy development role.
- · Explain the needed critical skills to execute the strategy successfully. Some skills may be more critical than others depending on the industry and strategy. Developing these skills alone is not for executing the strategy, but also to the organization’s long term survival.
- · To implement the strategy you must recruit the people with raw talent or skills. The traditional human resource function is recruiting; however, the “talent war” is now worldwide, and finding the right candidate has become the most challenging task than simply posting a few advertisements. To find the right people the HR must lead the charge.
- · To sustain high performance provide opportunities for training and development. One of constant change is the 21st century business climate. Thus than ever, development and training are more important today. Even the best people will fall behind without ongoing opportunities to improve their skills. The developing peoples' future is a component that is included in successful business strategy. To help the development, training strategies and design HR leaders should be active.
Align the rewards, systems and structures
By aligning the rewards, systems and structure senior HR leader must help their business leaders. This will help them in their business strategy.
- · Explain the business structure. To certain strategies, structures are more supportive and some follows strategies. Than in the past this was more true. With the development of new technology and global nature of business that makes information accessible to people, the structure can either detract or support from the strategy. The optimum structure must be defined by the HR leaders.