The Navigator Newsletter
Sycamore Junior High's Parent Communication
December 3, 2021
Speak Up/Save Lives
By calling or testing the statewide hotline
- 844-SAFEROH -
- 844-723-3764 -
you can report anything that is suspicious or endangering you, your friends or school.
- December 3rd: 2nd quarter interim period
- December 9th: Choir concert
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- December 15: Orchestra concert
- December 22 - January 3: Winter Break, no school
- January 13: End of Semester 1
- January 14: Teacher Records Day, no school for students
- January 17: Martin Luther King Jr. holiday: no school
- January 18 - 19: NEW!!! Teacher/Staff Collaboration Days: home learning days for students
SJH: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Morning Dropoff Expectations
We are seeing an increase in car rider drop-offs in the morning. This has led to significant backups on Cooper Road and delays for students getting into the building.
- The drop off lot opens at 7:40am. Do NOT bring your child to school prior to 7:40am and wait in your car in line on the property.
- Every student is expected to be in the building and in class by 8:02 a.m. or be marked tardy. If you arrive late, please drop off your child at the main entrance in the front of the building.
- We recommend riding the bus for those students able to do so. If you need to drop off your child, you may need to alter your schedule to arrive such that your child has time to get into the building. The building opens at 7:40 am and students may go to the cafeteria to wait for the school day to start.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Optional Testing For Identification of Gifted Students
You may request that your child be tested on the Cognitive Ability Test (CogAT). If you wish to have your child participate in this round of testing, all requests must be made below by Friday, December 3rd. In order to decrease disruption to your child's instruction, this testing opportunity will take place on Friday, December 10th at 7:00 AM at Sycamore Junior High School. Participating students will miss a portion of first bell, due to testing.
Please note it is the parents' responsibility to provide transportation to school on the day of testing. Additionally, please ensure the correct parent email is entered as this is the email the district will use for communication. Thank you!
If you would like to have your child tested, please fill out this FORM
Yearbook - Ordering and Photo Submittal
The SJHS Yearbook Club is committed to documenting this school year for YOU! Order your yearbook today! The cost is $35/copy.
Click HERE to order your 2022 Yearbook.
Do you have photos you would like to submit to the Yearbook Club? Click HERE and find the “Submit Photos Here” button ! We want to represent ALL students in this year's historic yearbook.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Melissa Speelman
From our Nurse
Parents/Guardians please check with your children each morning to make sure they feel well.
Please visit the District's Healthy Aves page for more detailed information.