Wednesday, January 16, 2019
SCHOOL BOARD NOMINEES
FIESTA FUN NIGHT
Date: Friday, February 1
Requested Donation: $7/person or max of $25/family - Includes dinner and all activities.
Proceeds will be going to the Spanish Immersion Program to buy library books, build shelves in their book lab and to purchase more books for the book lab.
Activities: Bounce houses, festival games, music, cake walk, balloon animals
Menu (catered by Enza’s):
Beef and chicken
Come join us in supporting the growing Spanish Immersion Program! Volunteer to help by using this Sign-up Genius link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084CABAD28A57-fiesta
LET'S GO SKIING
ELEMENTARY NEWS AND NOTES
- Weekly Worship - Jan. 18 - Mrs. VanWingerden
Next Worship: Jan. 25 - All School Small Groups
- Join us again on Thursday, January 24 from 8:45-9:45 for Stay and Play in the Community Room. We will be looking at nursery rhymes and their importance for setting your young child up for success in school and reading. Parents, care givers and young children are welcome.
- Parents of Preschool and kindergarten age students - have you registered your student for classes this coming fall? If not, please do this as soon as possible as some classes are filling! Please inform neighbors, friends and family members who may not be aware that registration is taking place now! Thank you!!
- There are a lot of dates that could use volunteer parents for lunchtime classroom coverage. We like to provide lunch time classroom coverage on Thursdays for teachers so they can enjoy lunch with their colleagues! Sign up here to volunteer!! Thanks for your help! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054ea4a82cab9-thursday4
WEST CAMPUS NEWS AND NOTES
- IPOD Worship -Jan. 16 - Mrs. Lautenbach NEXT: Jan. 25 - All School Small Groups
- WC Worship - Jan. 16 - Large Group -Mr. Leugs NEXT: Jan. 25 - All School Small Groups
- 8th Grade Parents: Your child's 8th grade picture and baby picture are needed for the yearbook. All pictures can be submitted electronically (preferred) or as a hard copy. All hard copy pictures WILL be returned to you. If you wish to use the picture that was taken by Karen Huttenga, please send Kim Z. an email so she can confirm she has the right photo. When submitting your photo, please keep in mind that 4x6 or 5x7 is the ideal size, vertical orientation is best and head shots are preferred. All photos should be submitted by Friday, February 1. Questions? Contact Kim Z - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SKI CLUB - 6th, 7th, 8th graders: We will be heading to Bittersweet on Jan. 18, 24, and 30. More dates to be determined. If you are interested in going with us, be sure to sign up on Sign-up-Genius no later than the Monday before we go so we can be sure we have enough drivers. Here is the link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49AEAA2CAA8-lcsski or you can email Faythe Patterson at email@example.com. If you still need a ski club discount card, please bring your forms and money to school ASAP. Let me know if you have any questions!
MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS SCHEDULE
JAN. 17 - JENISON - HOME
JAN. 22 - MOLINE - HOME
JAN. 24 - CALVIN - AWAY
7TH GRADE GIRLS BBALL
JAN. 17 - ALLENDALE - AWAY
JAN. 22 - MOLINE - AWAY
JAN. 29 - BYRON CENTER - HOME
Usually we like to share all the things that we want you to collect and send in, however here is a list of things that we DO NOT accept. Please DO NOT send these items in. We are NOT able to TerraCycle them.
- fruit snack wrappers
- pop tart wrappers
- coffee bags
- applesauce CUPS
- yogurt cups and tubes
- cheese wrappers
- candy wrappers and bags
- straws (the only straws we can TerraCycle are the ones that come with juice pouches)
Everything that is brought in is sorted by hand, packaged and shipped by volunteers. Please help them work efficiently and only include items on the TerraCycle list. Are you unsure if an item can be sent in to TerraCycle? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions. Thank you!
Cash and Carry will be open this Thursday, Jan. 17, from 7:45-10:00 am, at the west campus.
If you want information on how TRIP works or how to sign up for TRIP, please contact Melody Newhouse (243-6472) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find a copy of the TRIP order form on the Legacy website under “Current Parents” heading, then click on “TRIP”.
MOMS IN PRAYER
Moms in Prayer meets THIS Friday, at 8:45 am, in the conference room, right after worship as we will be praying for our students, staff and our school.
If at any time you have a prayer request, we'd love to join you in prayer for these things. Please email them to Gina or drop a note in the Moms in Prayer box in either office. Hope to see you there! Questions? Prayer requests? Feel free to email Gina Huizingh: email@example.com.
FAMILIES BEING PRAYED FOR THIS WEEK BY LEGACY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Prayer is a powerful gift! LCS has always been able to pray for requests as they arise. Our school has also decided to lift up families weekly in prayer. For the remainder of the school year please read which families are being covered in prayer. During that week each student will receive a prayer tag for them to keep and remember they are being covered in extra prayers.
- Brian & Holly Hager - Daniel - 8th, Andrew - DK
- Loren & Wenxi Haisma - Daniel - Prek
- Denique Hamilton - Navia Sexton -1st, Avion - Kdgn
- Troy & Gail Hansen - Sidney - 7th
- Jeremy & Sara Hanson - Gabriel - DK
- Scott & Brooke Harmsen - Stone - 6th, Zion - 1st
- Greg & Jennifer Helder- Jacob - 4th
- Eric & Allison Helmholdt - Jordyn - 2nd, Jaxon - Kdgn
Host Family Needed! A host family is needed from now until the first week of June for a French exchange student. She is 14 years old and attends the East Kentwood freshman campus. If you are interested and want more information, please contact Kerri Monroy at 616-214-2454 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Opening - Local, family owned lawn care business seeking a part-time, detail oriented administrative assistant. 10-20 hours per week/flexiable hours. Located in Byron Center. Please contact Matt VanNoord at 616-698-8930 or email@example.com.
Looking for some mid-winter fun? Bring your family and friends to the CLC Network (previously known as Christian Learning Center) Auction on Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019, at Calvary Christian Reformed Church (3500 Byron Center Ave SW, Wyoming, MI). Dinner and the silent auction start at 4:30 pm, and the live auction begins at 6:00 pm. Bid on merchandise, gift certificates, experiences, and much more! Your participation helps equip congregations and schools to glorify God through purposeful, innovative inclusion of persons with varied abilities. Learn more at clcnetwork.org
Baton twirling classes available for ages 4-16 starting February 7th. Students can earn ribbons, medals, and trophies! Students will also have the opportunity to march in parades. Call (616) 460-1747, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us on our website at www.athleticsensations.com for more information.