The Bethune Bulletin
"To Engage, Inspire and Educate..."
Week of December 14-18, 2015
· Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
· Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
· There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
· With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
· Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Bethune Key Actions
We will use our District's core beliefs and philosophy to develop a culture of feedback and support to increase the quality of instruction.
We will improve the quality of Instruction across all content areas and for each sub-group by engaging students in rigorous work and higher order thinking skills.
We will use data-driven and differentiated instruction to progress monitor and increase student achievement.
Message from Ms. Hernandez
Week at a Glance
ACPs for 3rd-5th
Monday, December 14
Tuesday, December 15
Wednesday, December 16
Thursday, December 17
Specials Written ACP
Faculty Meeting @ 3:15 pm
PTA Holiday Program
Friday, December 18
Attendance on Gradespeed before 9:00 a.m.
Lesson Plans due Friday by 8:00 a.m. to CICs
Grades updated on Gradespeed weekly
Please be prompt with picking up and dropping off students before and after lunches.
- January 4th- Teacher workday
- January 5th- Professional Development/Data Talks
- January 7th- PK/Kinder Collaborative Planning Day
- January 8th- 1st grade Collaborative Planning Day
- January 11th- 2nd grade Collaborative Planning Day
- January 12- Math 3rd-5th grade Collaborative Planning Day
- January 13- Reading 3rd-5th grade Collaborative Planning Day
- January 14- Science/SS 3rd-5th grade Collaborative Planning Day
- January 14th-PARENT CONFERENCE