FAC Weekly Update
April 22, 2022
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
We hope that our FAC Families had a wonderful Easter holiday and a fantastic week! We are moving a full speed to the end of the school year. With so much going on, it is important for us to maintain focus on the upcoming deadlines and our performance calendar. One phrase that I find helpful is, "Prioritize and Execute," or in other words, "Keep the Main Thing the Main Thing."
Here's the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
Think big picture - This allows you to see beyond yourself.
Think focused - This allows you to remove distraction.
Think creatively - This allows you to get out of our box of limitations.
Think realistically - This allows you to have a foundation for change.
Think strategically - This allows you to have a plan for change.
Think possibilities - This allows you to look for and receive the best.
Think reflectively - This allows you to gain a true perspective of yourself.
Dr. John C. Maxwell, The Maxwell Leadership Podcast
FAC PERFORMANCES - NEXT WEEK
Congratulations - Annual Upstate High School Art Exhibit
Best in Show: Corrina Hall - ceramics
- Jordyn Abtahi - photo
- Jena Daniels - metals
- Brianna Nicoloff - ceramics
- Gabriel Brown - drawing
- Megan Edwards - fiber
- Jane Kihne - design
- Maddi Lehde - printmaking
- Abigail Williams - metals
- Mary Mays - photo
FAC Parent Guild - Volunteers Needed
We have several upcoming events with evening volunteer opportunities! All parents are invited to help out, no matter which program your student is enrolled in. These are great opportunities to support our FAC family, and most shifts require less than an hour of your time!
If daytime shifts are a better fit for your schedule, please look for a separate link coming out next week that will include volunteer opportunities during the school day for Faculty and Staff Appreciation Week (May 2-6)!
Click here to view and sign up for evening volunteer shifts: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090949A9AB23A7F85-facevening
Feel free to share this link with other FAC parents who might like to help. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Course Opportunities for the 2022-2023 School Year
FAC STUDENTS PERFORMING IN THE COMMUNITY
International Ballet - Giselle
Greenville County Youth Orchestras - Spring Concerts
SPRING CHAMBER MUSIC
Saturday, May 7, 2022 7:30 PM; Peace Center Gunter Theater
SPRING ORCHESTRAS CONCERT
Tuesday, May 10, 2022 7:00 PM; Peace Center Concert Hall
For more information - https://gcyo.net/season/
Carolina Youth Symphony - May 8, 2022
Carolina Youth Symphony (CYS) Senior Honors Concert
May 8, 2022
Tickets and audio/video recordings may be purchased at the door (cash/check) or online via Eventbrite.
FAC Jazz All-Stars at Genevieve's
Wednesday, May 11
Artisphere - May 6-8
- Located at the south end of the festival at Main and Wardlaw
Music and Theatre - https://artisphere.org/performing-arts-schedule/
- Friday, May 6 at 5:00 p.m. - FAC Theatre performing at the Furman University Performance Plaza
- Saturday, May 7 at 5:00 p.m. - FAC Jazz performing at the Furman University Performance Plaza
- Sunday, May 8 at 11:00 a.m. - FAC Chamber Strings performing at the Furman University Performance Plaza
ELEVATE Ticket and Sponsorship Opportunities
Is Your Child Performing in the Community? The FAC is happy to publicize public performances and art exhibitions that feature our students. Please email Mr. Popat with any details of current or upcoming performances so that we can get the word out to our FAC Family!
Has your child earned an accolade that we should know about?
Important Dates/Upcoming Events
- April 26 - Theatre Presentations, 7:00 p.m., Black Box Theatre
- April 28 and 29 - Voice Scenes, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- May 3 - Strings Chamber Music Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- May 4 and 5 - Theatre Performance Lab, 7:00 p.m., Black Box Theatre
- May 9 - Saxophone Quartet Recital, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- May 11 - FAC Jazz All-Stars at the Peace Center, 7:30 p.m., Genevieve's
- May 13 - Elevate Downtown Showcase, 6:00 p.m. Cocktail Hour, 7:00 p.m. Performance; Gunter Theater (ticketed event)
- May 16 - Preston Spisak: Senior Recital, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- May 21 - Senior Dance Showcase - Dance Arts Greenville, 2:00 p.m.
- May 23 - Aidan Wilson: Senior Recital, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- May 24 - Commencement Rehearsal for Seniors, 4:30 p.m., WHHS Auditorium
- May 25 - FAC Commencement, 6:00 p.m., WHHS Auditorium (ticketed event)
- May 27 - FAC Film Screening, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
FAC Anti-Prom: Food and Drink Donations
Anti-Prom is just over a week away, and we are SOLD OUT! We still need your help with food and drinks for the event. Click on the below link for more information.
Sign up Genius link:
Fine Arts Center - Greenville County Schools
Preparing dedicated students for 21st-century careers through rigorous, pre-professional arts training in a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative learning community.