BE in the Know 5.16.22
A Community Committed to Learning!
Greetings Pirate Families!
Ahoy from Buchanan Elementary,
Spring has sprung and summer is almost here! We hope this e-newsletter finds you happy, healthy and looking forward to some summertime excitement!
First, THANK YOU for a great year and for partnering along with us to help your little learner(s) grow all year long! On behalf of the Buchanan Elementary Team, we appreciate you more than you know! Their growth, academically, socially, and emotionally continues to WOW us!
Secondly, as you might imagine, while we're winding down the school year, celebrations and big things are still happening! If you haven't heard it yet from your child, take a moment to ask them about their learning, perhaps their end-of-year assessments, or even about fun things their class might be doing to celebrate their hard work all year long!
Finally, because we greatly value your partnership, we wanted to make sure you had all the information below so you can BE in the Know for the final days of the school year!
Enjoy your summer,
Dr. April Hawkins
Field Day is TOMORROW Weather permitting
Field Day is Tuesday, May 17 (Back up rain date is Wednesday, May 18)
FIRST GRADE: 9:00-10:15
SECOND GRADE: 10:30-11:45
THIRD GRADE: 2:00-3:15
What do I need to know to prepare my child?
- Dress for comfortable games and activities
- Tennis shoes preferred
- You are welcome to wear (or bring) suntan lotion if you are afraid you might burn in the sun (or wear a light, long sleeve shirt)
- There will not be water activities (so they shouldn't need a change of clothing)
- Bring their water bottle (or one that can be thrown away--please be sure a name is on it)
Lunch Times are as follows: It will be a grab-and-go lunch for the students. They will also get a cup of Andy's custard. (Compliments of Andy's of Branson)
First Grade: 10:45-11:15
Second Grade: 12:15-12:45
Third Grade: 11:45-12:15
Looking forward to a great Field Day!
**Extra, extra... Can parents attend?
The answer is YES, but, please keep reading :)
- You will need to bring your driver's license or picture ID to check into the office to get your visitor badge
- You can expect each teacher to be coordinating their own class games at each field day station/rotation. We really don't have seating outside or special places for parents, but if you'd like to come, and hang out with your child's class, you are welcome to, but you might want to bring a lawn chair and a camera!
- We apologize in advance, as we don't really need any parent help coordinating this celebratory event this year.
Yearbooks have arrived!
Looking for all incoming kindergarteners!
It's not too late to sign up! Calling all learners...
Summer School 2022 is just weeks away and we want your student to join us as we Sail into Summer!
Registration is now open on our website. Click here for more information and to get your child registered. We look forward to a fun, action-packed summer school experience for all students at all learning levels. Please contact Mr. Jared Howerton with any questions you may have.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you this summer!
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Buchanan Elementary will dismiss at 11:40 a.m.