Handling Abusive Customers
Through the phone & in person!
THROUGH THE PHONE:
- Actively listen to the customers, let them talk through their problems and get it out of their system.
- Maintain personal integrity the whole time.
- Allow the customer to express their opinions.
- Be sympathetic & empathetic.
- Apologize when appropriate.
- Try to fix the problem to the best of your ability.
ALWAYS BE RESPECTFUL!
- Always maintain a polite & professional manor.
- Explain to them that you are there to help them with the problem.
- Let the customer know that their frustration is understandable.
- Be honest with them, don't offer them ways to fix the issue if you know you cannot do it.
- If it gets too much out of hand don't be afraid to let the manager know.