The Preschool Press
April 22, 2022
A Note From the Director
Happy Easter! We celebrated Jesus rising from the dead with Easter egg hunts this week. In catechesis we participated in The Liturgy of the Light. In gymnastics we pretended to be different bugs while we climbed and tumbled. We also enjoyed sharing our artwork with you at the Art Show today!
Field Day is just a few weeks away and all students will receive a FREE t-shirt! To place an order for your child, simply click HERE. Orders are due TODAY.
The ECDC Book Fair starts today!
Parents and families may shop with students 7:45am-5:30pm each weekday through April 29th. Students do not attend the Book Fair with their class. They must be accompanied by an adult. You are welcome to use the ewallet option or pay with cash/card at the time of purchase. Classroom wish list books will be available to purchase in the office during the Book Fair. Thank you for your support!
There are only a few activities left for the end of the year. Please make note of the dates below:
April 22nd-29th Book Fair
April 25th RISE and Shine Donut/PJ
April 28th Student Picnic at the Rectory
May 3/4th May Crowning
May 5th Owl Field Trip
May 6th NO AFTERCARE
May 10th Owl Teacher Appreciation Lunch
May 12th Spirit Dress
May 13th Field Day-Spirit Dress
May 19th Frog/Otter Field Trip
May 27th Last Day Noon Dismissal
Next Week at a Glance
RISE and Shine Donuts
Book Fair Open
Book Fair Open
Book Fair Open
Student Picnic at the Rectory
Book Fair Open
Book Fair Open
MHSA Volunteering for 2022-23
The Marquette Home and School Association (MHSA) sponsors events throughout the year that build community spirit, support our administration and faculty, raise funds to enrich the curriculum, and make improvements to our school facilities. Some of our signature events include:
Pete Theban Spaghetti Dinner
Trunk or Treat
Fun Run/Field Day
MHSA also supports the Marquette faculty and administration by staffing the school lunchroom with parent helpers and providing a monthly appreciation lunch for the teachers and staff. As we look ahead to the 2022-23 school year, there are many ways for parents to get involved. Using the link below you will find the various volunteer opportunities that exist. None of these programs and events are possible without the help of volunteers, so we encourage everyone to get involved. Additionally, please note that all volunteers must be VIRTUS compliant as we establish a safe environment for our children. Upon committing to volunteering, please verify your account is up to date or register for the first time (VIRTUS). Our campus administrator is Sarah Bergner should you have any questions.
If you are interested in volunteering, please use the link below and submit the form by Friday, April 29. If you have any questions, suggestions, or ideas, please email MHSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to a great 2022-2023 school year, and thank you in advance for your time and support!
MHSA 2022-2023 President
2022-23 School Calendar
I am pleased to share that next year’s academic calendar has been set and is attached for your convenience. In addition to holidays, teacher in-service days, and seasonal events worth noting, all major fundraising events are also included—RISE Trivia Night, MHSA Auction, and Boots ‘N BBQ! It is my hope that this schedule of events helps your family effectively plan for the upcoming year.
Additionally, below are changes that parents should be aware of for the 2022-23 academic year.
Quarterly Noon Dismissal Days: The professional and spiritual development of our teachers is paramount to our success. Therefore, each quarter (see calendar) our teachers will convene for a half-day of professional development. Both the ECDC and K-8 will dismiss at 12:00 p.m. and no aftercare will be provided. We acknowledge this new program will require additional planning for families as it pertains to childcare as we focus on maintaining the highest level of classroom instruction.
Chick-fil-A Wednesdays: The Chick-fil-A lunch fundraiser organized by the 8th grade will now be offered on Wednesdays instead of Friday. Traditionally in the Church, abstinence from meat was observed every Friday. We want to honor this option for all students and families.
Other Notable Schedule Changes: We have consolidated back-to-school events to decrease the number of evening requirements. There will now be two Meet the Teacher Days with popsicles on the playground and no additional back-to-school events. In December, the beloved Santa Breakfast tradition will also feature Wreaths for RISE as we look to make that morning a one-stop festivity for our families during one of the busiest times of the year.
As we continue striving to build the kingdom of God in our students, classrooms, and community, thank you for all you do for the ECDC.
Field Day-May 13th
- The ECDC schedule for Field Day is below. Please be aware that Field Day at ECDC following the fun run is limited to our playground, therefore it is not open for parents to drop in like at the big school. We have plenty of staff coverage to facilitate the day. Most of the campus will be used for the K-8 field events. Please drive carefully around the school and watch out for pedestrians at arrival and dismissal.
- Field Day requires that Quincy Ave. between 15th and 16th Streets and 16th Street between Quincy and Rockford be closed starting at 8 am. The ECDC parking lot will also be closed after 8am. Please plan ahead for drop-off on that day. IF YOU DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 8AM YOU WILL HAVE TO PARK ON THE STREET AND WALK YOUR CHILD TO THE ECDC.
- MHSA is providing pizza lunch for all the children.
- If you placed an order for your child's free Field Day t-shirt, it will come home prior to the 13th. Field Day shirts (or any spirit shirt) may be worn on Thursday 12th and Friday 13th.
- Due to limited space and supervision, children who are not enrolled in school on Fridays may not attend Field Day.
Summer Play Days 2022
Summer Play Days registration is open. We will hold two, three week sessions on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays from 9am to 2pm.
Session One: June 6-June 24
Session Two: July 6-July 22
The cost is $50 per day. Children enrolling in PK3 next year may attend as long as they are potty trained. Questions? Contact Mrs. Bergner or Mrs. McGough.
Click HERE to register.
After School Art Class
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process. We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO