Week at a Glance
Sometimes I just have to laugh at myself! I went out to clear snow with the snow blower on Wednesday and was pleasantly surprised that the driveway was not too bad. My sidewalks, on the other hand, were horrible. The snow had drifted so badly that it was much deeper than the height of my snow blower. So, I had to snow blow once by holding up the blower to take the top layer of snow off and then again to scrape down to the concrete. Normally the snow blower leaves nice even, straight edges, but not on Wednesday! You should see how it looks. Anyone trying to walk on my sidewalks will get dizzy from all the curves. Ha! And the IDOT has given me a driver's license. Little do they know how badly I control a snow blower!
That was only half of it. I know the snow blower has an adjustable chute on it to help direct snow to where you want it to go. For some reason, the snow wasn't going where I wanted it to. It decided to continually blow right back on me no matter how I moved the discharge chute. I was covered in snow from head to toe. I looked like the Abominable Snowman with the many layers of clothing I had on and all covered in snow! I think my neighbor got a real kick out of how I looked when he helped me dig out the fire hydrant that was buried under the snow. He wasn't laughing at me out loud, but I could tell he was on the inside by the look on his eyes. Glad I was able to entertain my neighbors! :-)
- 7:30 a.m.--grade level collaboration
- 7:55 a.m.--whole group meeting in MP room
- 8:30 a.m.--case conference--Colby, Sheri & Karen
- 2:45-3:45 p.m.--Math Bowl practice
- 3:45 p.m.--discussions meeting @ ENCO
- 6:00-7:30 p.m.--girls softball practice in gym
- 7:30 a.m.--RTI meetings
- 9:15-2:00 p.m.--Karen gone for meetings/trainings @ ENCO
- 10:00-11:30 a.m.--Lindsay gone for School Messenger training @ ENCO
- 2:45-3:30 p.m.--student council meeting
- 6:30 p.m. --Noble County Spelling Bee
- 7:30 a.m.--programming committee meeting
- 9:15 a.m.--case conference--Deb, Megan & Karen
- 2:45 p.m.--NCA steering committee meeting--Sheri, Beth, Dona, & Karen
- 2:45-3:45 p.m.--Book Buddies
- 6:00-7:30 p.m.--girls basketball practice
- 6:00 p.m.--school board meeting
- Hungry Howie's Pizza Night
- Dental Health programs in a.m.--See schedule below.
- 7:30 a.m.--gr. 1 data meeting
- 8:00 a.m.--gr. 4 data meeting--Stacey and Tammy T. cover classes
- 2:15 p.m.--FLS/PreK data meeting--Tammy B. assists FLS class
- 2:45-3:45 p.m.--Math Bowl practice
- 2:45-3:30 p.m.--Music Makers practice
- 2:45-3:30 p.m.--K-2 Game Club in cafeteria
- 2:50 p.m.--RTI meetings
- 3:00 p.m.--conference--Patrice & Karen
- 6:00-9:00 p.m.--boys basketball
- 7:30 a.m.--gr. 3 data meeting
- 10:00 a.m.--gr. 5 data meeting
- 8:30 a.m.--K-3 awards program
- 9:15 a.m.--gr. 4-6 awards program
- 1:00 p.m.--kindergarten data meeting
- 2:00 p.m.--gr. 6 data meeting
- 2:50 p.m.--gr. 2 data meeting
- 3:30 p.m.--special area weekly notes due to Karen
- MONDAY'S MEETING: At Monday's staff meeting we will discuss AMAO's and how our ELL students have done on the LAS Links tests as a school and district. We will also discuss options for snow make up days.
- AWARDS PROGRAM: I have rescheduled the awards program for this Friday. Maybe we will actually get to hold the programs this week! If for some reason, we have a delay or miss school on Friday (not likely) then we will just distribute the awards in the classrooms since this is the third time we have scheduled the programs.
- GAMES CLUB: Good luck to Tracey and Brittany as they launch a games club for our K-2 students! It should be great fun for our students!
ALTERNATE SPECIALS SCHEDULE FOR FRIDAY
9:00-9:45 a.m. 1-M
Ryan watches 4-M during awards.