iMiddle Parent and Community News
iMiddle news for the week of 9/15 - 9/19
* There is another minimum day scheduled for 9/16/14 due to the heat*
Message from the Principal: I can not believe it is the third week of school! By now most of the students have settled in and are meeting new friends. Most of the students have already been checking their grades online. Do you know your child's Pin and Password yet? You may want to ask them to share this with you so you can take a look at grades. If you are new to 7th grade or new to 8th grade at iMiddle, you will receive you own PIN and Password at the Tech Boot Camp. You can also use your child's numbers to log in to Parent Portal to check grades.
We are getting the Netbooks and iPads ready for deployment. The forms that were handed out at tech night and the forms that are handed out to 8th graders must be turned in to iMiddle in order for your child to receive a school device. The forms should be turned in to your child's History teacher.
iMiddle needs at least two parents to represent the School Site Council (SSC). Nominations are now being taken. Please fill out the online form by Friday, 9/19, in order to be considered for the SSC at iMiddle. More information is on iMiddle.org.
You can also fill out the paper form and turn it in to the school secretary, Fujiko Mori.
- Netbooks/iPads will be issued soon. We are still waiting a for a firm date from our IT Department and will let you know as soon as they are ready.
- Parent Tech Boot Camp: The boot camp scheduled for 9/15 was cancelled due to the heat and school closures. New parents of iMiddle must attend one Boot Camp for Parents session in order for students to be issued their technology device (7th grade netbooks; 8th grade ipads). Parents/Guardians will review technology expectations, including proper care and use, as well as how to access homework online. You will receive your PIN and PW at the tech night which will give you access to view your child's grades online.
Select one date to attend: there are only two dates left to attend
- Foundation: Please consider joining the iMiddle Foundation (aka PTA). Parents, we need your help this year! If you are interested in getting together with other parents to support the iMiddle students, we will be holding our first meeting on Back to School night- 9/24- at 6:30 PM (or following classroom visits) to determine how we can enrich the lives of our students. The meeting will be in the school Library. I encourage you to stay involved during your child's Middle School years. If you are a working parent, there are still many ways in which you can be involved with your child. We will discuss opportunities at the meeting on 9/24. iMiddle looks forward to partnering with you!
- iMiddle BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT 9/24/2014 5:30-6:30. All parents/guardians are invited to Back to School Night where you will be following your child's schedule in order to meet each of the teachers and learn about the expectations for each subject area. There will be a Parent Foundation meeting, for those interested, immediately following in the school Library. The annual Title One Parent Meeting will be held prior to Back to School Night starting at 5:15 in the auditorium.
- Parent GATE/Seminar Meeting: We will be holding a parent informational GATE/Seminar parent meeting after Back to School Night. This meeting will be held in Rick Selby's room- B8. This is for parents who have students who are in the GATE/Seminar program at iMiddle. Mr. Selby will be informing you of our program and can answer any questions you might have.
- Is your 8th grade child interested in attending the 8th grade trip to Boston, NY, Gettysburg, and Washington DC on June 22nd- Monday, June 29th? If so, there is an informational night at iMiddle on Thursday, September 18th starting at 6:30 PM in the auditorium. All are welcome to attend. * This is a non-school sponsored trip* Flyers went out on Monday to interested students.
Check out the iMiddle Student News! We broadcast this news to the students every week during Advisory on Monday. The students create the video using green screen technology and edit the video every week with support. Click the link below to view.
Mr. Moss' Class Participates in DOT Day- Talking to students via Skype in Alabama
Skype in the Classroom
Many International Dot Day participants turn to Skype in the classroom to connect their students with other students from around the world. Using Skype, students collaborate on classroom projects and teachers share ideas and inspiration to make teaching and learning more exciting and memorable. Visit International Dot Day’s Skype in the Classroom project page.