Wiley Culture Day!
Thursday, May 12, 2016
THURSDAY - Culture Day
Wiley International Studies Magnet Elementary is standing #withMalala to empower Adolescent girls through secondary education.
Clothing Drive - please donate gently used children and women's clothing to benefit the Malala Fund (no sleepwear, undies, socks, or damaged/stained/altered items).
UNITED NATIONS SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS:
No Poverty, Reduced Inequalities, Gender Equality, Quality Education
SHOW YOUR SPIRIT!
- Dress in a way that represents your culture, the language you take, or a country you would like to visit.
- Take time to today to make a small flag that represents your culture, the language you take or a country you would like to visit. (You will get a chance to use these flags during the International Parade on Friday evening.)
- Learn to say hello in the native language so that you may greet others in that language today.
Friday, May 13th, 5:30-7:30pm
301 Saint Marys Street
5:30 - 7:30 -Food Trucks $$ and Booths
5:15 - 5:30 - Karate Performance
5:30 - 5:45 - Scottish Dancers Performance
5:50 - PTA Announcement
6:00 - 7:20 -Parade and Language and Music Performances.
7:20 - Award Announcements
7:30 - Zumba Session
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Bring chairs, blankets, and wear sunblock for the picnic.
- There will be food trucks available (opening at 5ish), but you may bring your own picnic goodies instead. (Food Truck options include: Manna LLC, KocinA, Bo’s Kitchen, Loco Pops, Two Roosters, Pelican’s SnoBalls.)
- All events will take place on or near the 3-5 Playground.
- Parking is prohibited in the Wiley parking lot. Please carpool, walk, or park at Gate 4 at St. Mary's or on the street.
- Wear apparel that reflects cultural heritages or come in your Wiley Wear.
- Adults must supervise children at all times.
- Your Wiley Spirit
- If it rains we will have it indoors.