Plant Bio. & Tropical Agriculture
May 5, 2016
LETS FINISH STRONG!
Myrna B Rivera Vega
Plant Biology and Tropical Agriculture Peer Mentor
LEEWARD CC LIBRARY EXTENDED HOURS
Dates: May 2-5
Hours: 7:30 am - 8:00 pm
Keep connected with library news, events and publications!
Vibe with nature, and learn to grow your own food organically. Meet at the Living Lab (at lower campus) Fridays, 1-2pm, for a weekly gardening lesson. Wear covered shoes, and bring drinking water.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Huliko'a Kaiaulu Scholar Speaker Series
David Hoppe-Cruz lifelong resident of Makaha will talk about protecting and preserving our Wai‘anae Mountains in light of the recent fire devastating Nānākuli valley. Charnel Colin, MA‘O Co Manager, will also share her experience as a UH West O’ahu student in Agroecology.
WHERE: Kamehameha Schools Community Learning Center at Mā‘ili
WHEN: Tuesday, May 17, 2016
TIME: 5:30 - 8:00 PM
Summer Startup Launchpad is a FREE 6-week intensive program that provides education and dedicated mentorship to help teams evaluate an idea and launch a business. It will run from July 5 to August 12.
This program is open to all UH students from all UH and UH Community College campuses who are serious about pursuing a business idea and starting a business. Teams that successfully complete the program will receive $3,000 cash to help further develop their business.
Teams of 2-4 people should apply by Friday, June 10, at
Summer’s coming up! It’s time to relax and get away from all the stress and challenges of college. Have fun and be adventurous, but keep one thing in mind: always work towards self-improvement! Summer break is three months long, so don’t waste these precious moments of your life. Set yourself up for success now and you’ll be more than ready for future challenges!
Here’s an excerpt of an article that’ll tell you ways you can break out of your shell and grow as a person.
42 Practical Ways To Improve Yourself by Celestine Chua
As a passionate advocate of growth, I’m continuously looking for ways to self-improve. I’ve compiled 42 of my best tips which might be helpful in your personal growth journey. Some of them are simple steps which you can engage in immediately. Some are bigger steps which takes conscious effort to act on. Here they are:
· Read a book every day. Books are concentrated sources of wisdom. The more books you read, the more wisdom you expose yourself to. What are some books you can start reading to enrich yourself?
· Learn a new language. Learning a language is a whole new skill altogether and the process of acquainting with a new language and culture is a totally a mind-opening experience.
· Pick up a new hobby. Beyond just your usual favorite hobbies, is there something new you can pick up? Any new sport you can learn? Examples are fencing, golf, rock climbing, football, canoeing, or ice skating. Your new hobby can also be a recreational hobby. For example, pottery, Italian cooking, dancing, wine appreciation, web design, etc. Learning something new requires you to stretch yourself in different aspects, whether physically, mentally or emotionally.
· Level up your skills. If you have played video games before especially RPGs, you’ll know the concept of leveling up – gaining experience so you can be better and stronger. As a blogger, I’m constantly leveling up my writing skills. As a speaker, I’m constantly leveling up my public engagement abilities. What skills can you level up?
· Wake up early. Waking up early (say, 5-6am) has been acknowledged by many (Anthony Robbins, Robin Sharma, among other self-help gurus) to improve your productivity and your quality of life. I feel it’s because when you wake up early, your mindset is already set to continue the momentum and proactively live out the day. Seth recently wrote a waking up early series which you should check out to help cultivate this habit.
To read the full article and the rest of the tips, click the following link: