Chattahoochee Band News
March 1, 2021
WEEK AT A GLANCE
As we move into the month of March and the remainder of the semester please know that we have some great and important items on the horizon. The directors and booster board are finalizing information to be shared with all. Please be on the lookout for information regarding: Spring meetings, concert opportunities, registration night, solo and ensemble/lgpe, virtual/in person chamber concerts (including members that are not face to face) marching band camps, friends and family show for the guard and percussion and much more. Congratulations to all the ensembles, students, and hooch band family for continuing to “make it happen” throughout this year.Monday: Booster Board Meeting
Tuesday: Jazz and WinterGuard
Thursday: Clarinet Choir/Chamber Ensembles/WinterGuard
Have a great week!
Winter Guard Updates
Our last 3 shows of the season are:
Saturday, March 6 at East Coweta High School,
Saturday March 20 at Alpharetta High School
SAPA championships on March 27 at Buford City Arena
Thank you also to our directors Alex and Monet and to Nick Garafalo and Matt Crissman.It is never too late to be involved in any way. We appreciate all parents sending in snacks, volunteering at shows, and in all other ways. Please be on the lookout for future sign-up genius in ways that you can help support our team.
- LGPE is slated for March 17th at Chattahoochee High School. Only Chattahoochee and Milton will be performing. These times are being finalized and will be held during school hours.
- Registration Night/Audition Night (Rising 9th – 12th) Mark your calendars, registration night and audition night will be held on April 23rd. Details will be sent after our 2021 Info meeting. There will be virtual options available for those interested.
- Spring Concert -We look forward to hosting a spring concert on April 29th. It will be held in a manner that is safe. Hopefully, it will be nice out and we can do a “concert on the lawn”.
- Jazz Concerts and Other Chamber Events -Other chamber groups, percussion ensemble, jazz band and so forth are finalizing spring plans for late April early May. Be on the lookout for these opportunities as they are created.
2021 Member Meeting
Spirit Wear Update:
We have a handful of items remaining in our spirit wear from our prior order. If you are interested in an item please see the communication that will be sent out with a link to purchase. They will be first come first served. There is a limited quantity of new leftover items.
Band Class, Marching and Winter Guard/Indoor Drumline Fees:
Winter Guard and Indoor Drumline Fees “Friendly Reminder” The installment of Indoor Drumline and Winter Guard fees are now past due. Please make checks payable to CHS Band Boosters in the amount of $350.00 with the students last name/WG or DL for payment. If you have any questions please contact the treasurers.
Concert Music Classes and Percussion Ensemble Course 2nd semester concert fees will be $75.00 totaling $150.00 for the year. This is a reduction from the previous set up of 175.00 for the year. While we are in a mixed setting we are still purchasing music, utilizing instructors and venturing forward with the program. Here is the link to OSP to execute payment for the 2nd semester:
1. Solicit meal donations for Friday night games
2. Solicit Community Sponsors for monetary donations
3. Raise funds to attend Bands of America
4. Raise funds for 2022 trip to Ireland
5. Get creative with other fundraising activities
If you’re passionate about finding ways to fund the CHS Bands program, but you’re limited on time, please consider joining on a project basis. Volunteers are encouraged to bring fundraising ideas and share tried & true methods. A meeting will be held with volunteers to discuss further.
Interested in learning more? Sign up here.
Shop with Scrip
Scrip is a service the sells gift cards (digital and physical) for a large variety of retailers. When you buy a gift card from Scrip a percentage of the amount you spend is redirected back to the band and your fees are reduced. Each retailer offers a different percentage rate.
What are Scrip and Presto Pay? – Detailed information about how to sign up for Scrip, PrestoPay and MyScripWallet.
- ShopWithScrip.com – Sign up and start shopping. Use Enrollment Code 3L5D4B6C3214 to connect your account to CHS Band.
- What is Scrip? Video
- How Scrip Works Video – The Basics, It’s easy
- How Scrip Works Video – How it Works
Shop withWhen you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate to Chattahoochee High School Band Boosters IncAmazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible smile.amazon.com purchases to the charities selected by customers.1. Go to smile.amazon.com
2. Log in using your amazon account credentials
3. Search for "Chattahoochee High School Band Boosters Inc" as your charity selection
What are Scrip and Presto Pay?
Great Lakes Scrip is just another way to pay for everyday purchases using gift cards in place of cash, checks, and credit cards. You purchase gift cards (digital and physical) from Scrip and pay face value for the card. A percentage of that amount is sent back to the band and put into your student band account for use toward your band fees. There are over 400 of the country’s biggest brands, including grocery, department stores, gas stations, restaurants, home improvement, travel and more. Earn money toward your band fees while you shop.
Getting signed up
Go to and click Register
Join an existing Scrip Program (button on the left)