January 18, 2016
Accelerated Reader Tally
Sherren - 384,825 Words Read
Eckley - 268,958 Words Read
Markus - 174,476 Words Read
Chapple/Marston - 0 Words Read
Top 10 Students
- Nevaeh Wilson - 154,992
- Angel Coleman - 142,625
- Jeremiah Williams - 116,874
- Kassandra Nunez-Lopez - 115,945
- Roseyln Gonzale Contreras - 89,910
- Xavier Moreno - 88,850
- Christian Stewart - 62,130
- Isaiah West - 59,441
- Ermani Johnson - 56,117
- Natalie Gomez - 51,711
Mrs. Zielinski for sharing the sorting activity at the Wednesday PD.
Mrs. Baker Nash for being the top class in words read in AR.
Mr. Sherren for being the first to take quizzes on AR
Mrs. Hill for teaching her class to care for the tarantula they caught and learn more about the tarantula and his habitat. What a great teachable moment.
Mrs. Shepard and Mrs. Ophelia for keeping their goldfish alive.
Mrs. Novak for being a strong advocate for her students.
Mr. Gray for supporting students with scholar lunches and homework time after school.
Mr. Sherren for introducing his students to the snails this week and helping to care for our critters.
Ms. Eckley and Mr. Carranza for their excitement and hard work with getting the garden grant together.
Mrs. Baker-Nash for taking on the Oratorical and completing F&P testing.
Thanks for the donuts on Friday
Please let me know if you have a shout out you would like to see in our Howard
- F&P Testing must be completed and entered by 1/22. Please let me know if you require support to meet this deadline.
- SRI and SMI should be completed by 1/27.
- 3-5 Students will be taking the data/technology survey this week during computer lab.
- Parents should be encouraged to complete the data/technology survey in the computer lab before or after school.
- Supply orders should be submitted via email to Mrs. Ratcliff and Ms. Williams.
- To ensure student safety, it is important that all staff report to yard duty on time.
Week at a Glance
MLK Day No School
Williams Walkthrough Day
Cost Meeting 11 to 12
Williams Off Site in the Afternoon-New Principal PD
Williams Office Day
Howard Oratorical 9 to 10
Staff PD 2 to 3:30
Live Organism Delivery
Williams Off Site-Principal PD
Farmers Market 12 to 5:30
Inclusion Task Force Meeting 4 to 6
Williams Off Site-Conference
Important Upcoming Dates
Makeup Picture Day 1/26
Professional Development Day 1/29
African American Literature Read-In 2/1-2/5
FYI - CPS Reporting
A few helpful steps:
1. Before contacting CPS, gather all the information needed for the form.
2. Write down your thoughts of what happened so you can share it with CPS.
3. Inform your Site Principal that you will be contacting CPS (optional).
5. To maintain confidentiality, it is best that you don't share with others that you made the phone call to CPS, except Site Principal.
Odds and Ends
- Please submit attendance by 10:30 am daily
- Personal leave days must be requested 3 days in advance by completing a B form and submitting to Mrs Ratcliff.
- Incident reports should be filled out and submitted to the office for all head and major injuries (Incident reports do not go home).
- Ouch reports should be filled out and sent home for all minor injuries.
- Sign in and out daily with arrival and departure times.
- All independent study requests must be referred to Mrs Gross.