Mrs. Pierce's Post
Week of September 21, 2015
We had so much aPplE FuN!! Thank you to those who sent in apples!
We...1. Had a Taste Test!! (yellow, red, and green apples)
- described them, compared them, and graphed our favorite
- counted the seeds and learned the parts of the apple
3. Made Crockpot Applesauce!!
- The kids helped me sort and watched me cut and peel 24 different apples to cook in the crockpot all day.
- Mrs. Gaines class joined us to share our applesauce and they shared their crockpot apple butter!
MMMMMM! I love the smell of Fall and the taste of warm cinnamon applesauce!
We graphed our classroom favorites! Ask your child what was his or her favorite!
Apple Fun Friday!
Comparing graphs with Mrs. Gaines' class! Ask your child to tell you which class liked what the best!
This Week...Apples Again!!
- stretching and pulling sounds to make and create CVC words
- Becoming great authors: writing the sounds we hear to make words
- Letter Pp
- Sigh words: like, he, my
- Story Sequence/Fiction/Non-Fiction
- Recognizing groups of 1-10
Wednesday is Grandparent's Day! Please make a note in the agenda of those grandparents that will be attending. Grandparents will meet their grandchildren outside at recess at 12:30. There will be a window of time for grandparents to take their grandchild to the bookfair (12:30-1:30). A snack will be served in the gym (1:30-2:15) and an activity will be done in the classroom. If grandparents want to take their grandchild home at the end of the day, you will need to write a note in the agenda or call the office. Otherwise, your child will go home his/her normal way.
Field Trip to Russell Farms October 22!
- If you are interested in being a chaperone for this trip or any trip in the future, please let me know so I can put you on a list. I will get back with you on who will be needed.
- A sack lunch will be taken from the cafeteria for this day. If you are planning to pack your childs own sack lunch instead, please make sure it is in a paper/plastic bag and does not need to be kept cold. We will have limited cooler space.
- The cost of the trip is $7. Please sign and return the attached permission slip with $7 by Friday, October 2nd.
- Homework packets are due each Friday. Please sign and return in the folder.
- Kindergarten News is sent home daily. Please return the next day completed.
- Agendas are the MAIN way for daily communication! Please check and initial them daily.
- $5 cash or a healthy snack (enough for each student) is due each month.
- Lunch $ should be sent in an envelope labeled Lunch Money with your child's name, Mrs. Pierce's name, and amount enclosed.
- If you have any additional forms or notes for the school or teacher please put in the agenda as they are checked daily. Also, make note in the agenda incase it should happen to fall out or placed elsewhere.