5th Grade News!
- Please make sure that your child is dressed for colder weather during recess. We will go outside if the windchill is 38 degrees or higher. If windchill is 37 degrees or lower, we will have indoor recess.
- If your child would like to bring his or her own headphones to use with the computers, that is perfectly fine. However, they will be responsible for them.
Library Needs Volunteers!
The library needs your help! Haven’t volunteered in the library before? No worries. No experience needed. Sign up to volunteer in the library, today!
We will finish discussing adding and subtracting fractions and will move into Multiplying fractions. Students will be expected to represent the operation with models.
Homework: Adding/Subtracting Fractions
FISD Cluster 3 Parent Letter:
FISD Cluster 3 Guide to Digging Deeper:
Homework: Study Spelling Words
This week we will continue working on our organisms and environments until. We will learn about how organisms live and survive in their ecosystem.
HOMEWORK: Unit 4 Vocabulary, STEMscopes activities week 1
Words to Know
- Please let your child's teacher know if they will be going home with another student or going home another way (ex. carpool - walker)
- We do have pencils on hand for students when they don't have one, but they are dwindling away quickly! Please help remind your student to be prepared with supplies when they come to class.
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS RAFFLE
WIN a night at the MOVIES!
1. Ensure your family and friends have linked their Kroger Plus cards to NORRIS ELEMENTARY PTA (https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards).
2. Shop at Kroger and use your Kroger Plus card.
3. Make a “raffle ticket” by tearing off the bottom of your Kroger receipts showing:
2015-2016 Kroger Community Rewards
You are contributing to
NORRIS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PTA
4. Clearly write your first and last name, your grade and your teacher’s name on the “raffle ticket” in CAPITAL LETTERS.
5. Drop your “raffle ticket” in the raffle box in the school office.
Raffle tickets will be accepted from January 15, 2016 through February 29, 2016. The drawing will take place on March 1, 2016.