COVID-19 Community Update
Witherlea School: Friday 20th August, 2021
Kia ora koutou Witherlea whānau,
Today we heard that Lockdown is to be extended over the weekend and up until 11:59pm Tuesday with an update Monday. Although this may not be what we want to hear, we know we can do this.
We have a small team of staff members who will take the information from the SURVEY forms below and will organise and sort devices (Chromebooks) for Year 4-6 students who may need these for Lockdown and when we go to Level 3.
We will organise a separate team to create, organise and get hard packs ready for possible pick up at Level 3 - this will more likely be later in the week.
The most important thing you can help us with right now is completing the survey forms; Year 1-3 and Year 4-6. If you have children in both age bands, please complete both.
We prepared for this at the beginning of the year by creating our own Learning Portal for families and whānau to access which has a huge amount of ideas for learning when in lockdown. For our older students who have devices, this portal is great for self-led learning.
Distance Learning Starting Monday;
- Teachers will send out a message each day via Seesaw and Email to their students and all parents at 10am
- We will have activities with devices and without devices
- Teachers will connect whether it be individual or as a team via video message
- There will be no Google Meets this time round (subject to change)
- Teachers will be available from 10am-3pm each day for questions, queries or to give feedback on shared tasks or completed work
- We will contact families who have indicated they need a device for pick up or delivery
We do not want to overwhelm families who are working from home or do not have the setup to support a full distance learning programme. Please pick and choose the activities that suit you or simply spend some old fashioned time with your children; playing, building, baking and take advantage of the On-Demand Learning TV.
We will be meeting as a whole staff and in teams most days to ensure we cover all questions, queries and support you at home the best we can. We will also be organising what school might look like at Level 3 once we have the guidelines from the Ministry.
Stay safe out there and be sure to use email or Seesaw to connect with us, if you need to.
Nga mihi nui,
Survey Forms - Vital Information
- Hard Pack creation and delivery/pick up
- Devices organised for delivery/pick up
- Information regarding all adults in your house who are Essential Workers which will require your child in a bubble at Level 3
If the survey is not completed then we will assume that you do not need any of the above. We will not be sending out any further surveys for Level 3 organisation so please fill in the form even if you are not sure.