Cedar Grove Elementary
August 20, 2017
Happy First Week with Students!
You may feel overwhelmed with all that still needs to be done, but keep in mind that what will stand out most to your students and families is the time you spend with them this week. Make the first day of school the best ever, not only because of your super creative first day activity, but because of the time you spend with them in class, at recess, and at lunch beginning to build relationships. Let's dig in and prepare for the best year ever primarily because of the relationships we will build with our students and their families.
Thank you for all of your hard work in making your rooms amazing and planning for your new students. I am so glad you all are my people!
Dismissal This Week
- Announcements at 2:30- (No one moving in the hallway at this time.)
- K4-K5-Move at 2:35 to designated areas. Teachers stay with classes.
- One teacher walk bus riders to gym at 2:40. Do not send students to the gym unsupervised.
- Students in grades 1-5 will remain in classrooms. Make sure you turn your walkie on and up at 2:40. Students need to be packed up and ready to go at 2:45, but can read a book, etc. Make sure students move right when their name is called. Someone will be in the hallway to keep them moving.
- I will call remaining students to the lobby as soon as possible.
- This first week will take longer due to us learning new names and parents learning procedures. Please be patient with us. It is extremely hot the first few weeks of school, so please help by sending students out immediately when their names are called.
- Make sure you know how students are getting home before 2:00. The office will be very busy from 2:00 on getting bus lists prepared, etc. If we need to make calls, dismissal will be smoother if we do so earlier in the day.
Mornings and Breakfast
All students who would like to eat breakfast will need to come to the cafeteria Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. We will do our best to get them in and out as quickly as possible.
Tonna will send you breakfast forms in the next couple of days.