St. Thomas More Cathedral School
PTO Newsletter - Vol. 114 - March 20, 2015
In This Issue
STM Band T-Shirt Orders Due ASAP
Used Uniform Sale Coming March 30th
Spring Track Signup Info
Volunteer Hours/New Info - Volunteer Opportunities
STM Student Directory
STM Calendar Button
STM Band T-Shirt Orders Due ASAP!
Attached is the Band t-shirt order form. We are working on a very short timeline - and have 90 kids in the band to order for - so please take action now! (Thank you all for your cooperation in advance!)
Please fill out the attached form, shirts are $15 / each, and send into school as soon as possible - hopefully no later than Thursday's band class.
Advanced Band may be able to wear the shirts to the Band Festival on March 28th if we are able to get them back in time.
All Band students will wear them to the Kings Dominion band trip on May 29th. Parents are welcome to order shirts for themselves -- great for our chaperones!
Please let me know if you have any questions,
Thanks, Donna Young
Download the form here (login not required).
Used Uniform Sale Monday March 30th
The next used uniform sale will be Monday, March 30th in the cafeteria from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Please send any uniform contributions or bring them the day of the event.
The STM used uniform sales have been successful with yours support. Now, we need your help to fill the inventory again for the next sale.
As you clean out old uniforms to make room for those summer polos and shorts, please consider sending in your used uniforms to STM. Kids will grow and those long pants will be too short for next year, for sure!
If you have any uniforms that you can contribute to the used uniform hut supplies, please drop them to the STM Front Office or hand them off to Cristina Farias-Gomez or Mickey Grammatica Fletcher.
We thank you for making this a great activity for STM; it helps the STM families save money by passing along uniforms to each other for a discounted price and raises funds for the STM PTO.
Spring Track Signup Info
All 3rd through 8th grade boys and girls are welcome to join track. Practices are on Saturdays, and STM's Spring Track Meet will be tentatively held May 9-10 at Bishop O’Connell High School. The 5-8th graders compete on Saturday and the 3-4th graders on Sunday.
If interested, please fill out the medical form and the permission and release form (see links below). Please turn in your forms and $20 participation fee by back pack mail via Jonah Smith 7-9 or bring to the first practice.
Practice will start Saturday March 21 at 9am at Abingdon Elementary School in Fairlington. All practices will be held at Abingdon (weather permitting). Please direct all questions to Lanna Smith at email@example.com
Links to the forms (login not required):
Please Log Your Volunteer Hours!
Thank you to the countless families who have stepped up to volunteer at the school this year. We really appreciate you!
If you have put in hours of service to date, please be sure to log them via the web site in a timely manner If you have any questions about how many hours you have remaining currently, please email Nicole Mayer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be sending out balance due notices with your volunteer status to date.
Ways to Earn Volunteer Hours
- Friday Pizza Lunch - assist with pizza lunch or the Market Table (the kids are thrilled to see you there!)
- Auction Donations - Donate a popular item (American Girl, Apple Products, Video Games/Systems, Travel, Golf, Dining/Entertainment) or secure donations by asking your favorite restaurants, stylists, business owners for monetary or product donations.
- Auction (Night-of) Check-In - Spend 1-2 hours at the check-in table registering attendees as they enter the Auciton.
- Auction (Night-of) Check-Out - Spend 1-2 hours at the check-out table printing out invoices and closing attendee accounts.
- Auction (Night-of) Bid Processing - Spend 1-2 hours entering the winning bid numbers into the computer system.
- Auction (Night-of) Winning Bid Item Distribution - Spend 1+ hour turning over the product/certificate/item to the winning bidder upon check-out.
- Auction Set-Up (Friday afternoon/Saturday Day)
- Auction Decorations Committee - Work 1+ hour on Saturday to help turn Burke Hall into a Space Odyssey
- Auction Tech Crew - assist our Lighting/Sound committee with set-up
- Goods & Monetary Contribution - contributions to PTO events are valued at $15/service hour