Learning to Read
Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Spelling, and Fluency
June 14, 2022 9AM to 12 PM CENTRAL Time ONLINE
Becoming Proficient Readers!
Who Should Attend?
- Authentic and engaging ideas for teaching phonemic awareness
- Activities for teaching students to blend and segment letters and words
- Strategies for explicit decoding and encoding instruction
- How to structure the word learning block
- Learn a developmentally appropriate scope and sequence for learning to read words in isolation and in connected texts
- Ideas for authentically building student's vocabulary
- Fluency practice Ideas
- Center Ideas for making & practicing words
- Word work strategies & activities that build word knowledge
- And Much More!
Meet the Presenter
"SO MUCH! This was probably one of the best trainings I have been to in a while. I learned about the importance of fluency & phonemic awareness. It is important for us to take the time to really teach them this phonemic awareness."-Jenna, Interventionist
"I loved the training and especially the resources!! Thank you!" -Tracy, 2nd Grade Teacher
"This was a new professional learning experience for me. I enjoyed it from the comfort of my home and the breaks included!" -Lyn, 4th Grade Teacher
"It was great! There were lots of take aways that can be implemented immediately, Liked being able to grow and learn in the comfort of my home." -Yvonne, K-5 Interventionist
"It truly was a wonderful training packed with effective approaches that supports my goal as a teacher to empower my students as thinkers, readers, and writers." -Melissa, 4th Grade Teacher
$99 Per Participant
You can register by filling out the registration form below.
Purchase Orders are accepted.
We accept cash, check, or credit card.
Please Make Checks or Purchase Orders out to:
Kelly Harmon & Associates Educational Consulting
374 Lantana Crossing
Spring Branch, TX 78070
Call (201) 218-1723
For more Information Please contact us!
Learning to Read
Tuesday, June 14th, 9am-12pm
This is an online event.
From Phonics to Fluency
3 Hours of Professional Development will be earned through this seminar
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Practicing Skills, Processes, & Strategies
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them