August 14, 2020
A Message From the Principal...
This has been an amazing week at CJHS! The teachers and staff have returned to campus and are working to get everything ready for the first day of school on August 31st. It's an exiciting time!
All CJHS students and parents should plan on coming to campus next week for Device/Schedule Pickup. Specific information is included below. If a student does not pick up their device and schedule, he/she will not be prepared to start school remotely on August 31. Please make plans to attend!
If you have any questions, please contact CJHS at (979) 732-2891.
Thank you and Go Cardinals!
Virtual Meet the Teacher Coming Soon!!!
Updated Device/Schedule Pickup Information
August 18th and 19th will be designated for those students who selected REMOTE instruction.
August 20th and 21st will be designated for those students who selected FACE-TO-FACE instruction.
Parents/guardians and their student(s) will enter through the front doors of the lobby of the old gym. Each person will be temperature checked and health screened. Face coverings will be required. They will then move from station to station to pick up or turn in the following items:
- Beginning of the Year Packet - This packet will contain all necessary first of the year forms that must be completed and returned by September 14. Student schedules will also be inside.
- Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) - Copies of the AUP will be available to sign at the pickup. Both parent and student must sign the form. Students will not be able to get their chromebook without a signed Acceptable Use Policy.
Click here to print a copy of the AUP: https://qrgo.page.link/qmF2b
Click here to print a copy of the AUP in Spanish: https://qrgo.page.link/RyF5Z
- Parent/Student Chromebook Agreement - This must be signed by both parent and student. Students will not be able to get their chromebook without a signed agreement. Copies will be provided to sign at pickup.
Click here to print a copy of the Parent/Student Chromebook Agreement: https://qrgo.page.link/RNBDY
- ELAR consumable textbooks - All 6 - 8 students will receive their ELAR textbook.
- Calculators - All 8th grade Pre Algebra students will receive their calculators.
- Art supplies - Any student who is enrolled in Art will receive the necessary supplies to get started in art this year.
- The last station will provide instructions on logging in to the chromebook, accessing Classlink, and logging in to Canvas. Canvas is where all students will go to complete their assignments.
CJHS Game Day Protocols
- The opposing team coach will screen their team and personnel for COVID-19 symptoms and temperature check as they board the bus to head to Columbus. The opposing team coach will contact Coach Amy Mikulin prior to the game to confirm all team personnel have been screened and are negative for signs of COVID-19.
- The entrance to the opposing team will be on the back side of the junior high through the two left side doors.
- Spectators and workers will have their temperature checked and will be health screened for COVID symptoms upon entrance to the gym.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the cafeteria at the entrance.
- All tickets will be purchased at the door.
- UIL Mitigation Guidelines allow spectators at a maximum of 50% capacity of the Columbus Junior High Main Gym. Therefore, we ask that spectators stay only for the games that their player is playing. Once their game is finished, we repectfully ask that they leave the gym.
- Spectators may only sit where there is no yellow tape present. With the exception of the sections where team players are sitting, every other row in the bleachers will be skipped. No spectator will be allowed to sit in these areas to ensure social distancing.
- Columbus teams will sit in the first section of bleachers closest to the door leading into the hallway by the girls coaches' office and locker room.
- Opposing teams will sit in the first section of bleachers closest to the doors and windows leading to the cafeteria.
- ADA seating is available on the first row of bleachers.
- Masks or face coverings MUST be worn at all times. This includes bench players, workers, coaches, officials, and spectators. Players may remove the masks when actively playing.
- Social distancing is recommened at all times.
- Students will only be allowed to attend and watch the games if they are accomanied by a parent/guardian. They will be asked to sit with their parent/guardian during the game.
- No water fountains will be used in our facility. Opposing teams will provide their own water cooler. CISD wil provide the water and ice. Athletes need to provide their own water bottles. Water will be sold at the concession stand.
- Locker rooms will not be accessible for the opposing team due to limited space.
- Team benches will limit personnel to observe social distancing.
- Officials will be provided a dressing room.
- Concession stand will sell pre-packaged items only.
- Signs will be posted around the gym and cafeteria to remind spectators to social distance and to wear face coverings at all times.
- Exiting the gym: The opposing team players will exit the two right side doors by the art classroom (same doors where they entered). Spectators will exit through the cafeteria using the two doors on the far right side (same doors where they entered).
CJHS Girls Athletics Information
A Message from Coach Mikulin:
Click this link to access CJHS Girls Athletics Parent Information
Coach Mikulin - JH Girls Athletic Coordinator
Remind: Please sign up Remind as soon as possible. Both 7th and 8th grade girls will use the same code. I encourage both the athlete and the parent to sign up for Remind. This is the way I will communicate with parents concerning specific sports and athletics in general.
To sign up for Remind:
- Text @kk3ddf to 81010 OR open your web browser and go to rmdat/kk3ddf. Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind.
Athletic Paperwork: The following is a list of paperwork required by all athletes.
- PPE (Physical/Medical History) Form. UIL this school year is only requiring those students who have never completed a physical before to get one. 8th grade students in athletics last year do NOT need a physical. NO athlete will be allowed to practice without a physical.
- Concussion Acknowledgement Form
- SCA (Sudden Cardiac Arrest) Form
- Steriod Agreement
- Acknowledgement of Rules - You can find these forms on our district website. Go to www.columbusisd.org, Athletics, Sports Medicine, Athletics Paperwork. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the forms. You can also access the forms at columbusisd.rankonesport.com. Competed forms can be dropped off in the front office. Or, you child may bring them to volleyball practice/first day of in-person instruction.
Practice Times: Volleyball practice will begin on Monday, August 31. For the first 2 weeks of practice while we are on remote learning (August 31 - September 11), 7th grade will practice from 2:45 - 4:00 pm. 8th grade will practice from 4:15 - 5:30 pm. Starting September 14, 8th grade will practice in the morning from 7:35 through 1st period and 7th grade will practice in the afternoon beginning in the athletic period and ending at 4:30 pm. Please keep in mind that practice times could change, so please be flexible.
2020 JH Volleyball Schedule (revised 8/13/20)
CJHS Boys Athletics Information
A Message from Coach Bohac:
Click this link to access CJHS Boys Athletics Parent Information
Coaches: Coach Bohac - JH Athletic Coordinator
7th Grade Boys Athletics - @7thjh20-21
8th Grade Boys Athletics - @8thjh20-21
Practice Times: 7th and 8th grade will practice after school until 4:30. Since we are doing virtual learning, your child can still come up to practice once school time ends.
2020 JH Football Schedule:
There are 4 different times on the schedule. Please ignore that. We will notify you on game times a week in advance. Sorry for the confusion.
Required JH Paperwork: To help us coaches have the most accurate contact information, we are requiring the parents to update their child's emergency contact information and any other information. You will see documents below that we would please like for you to fill out and return back to us. This is just to ensure us we will be able to contact whoever if anything comes about.
PPE (Physical/Medical History Form)
Emergency Contact Information Form
Acknowledgment of Rules Form
Concussion Acknowledgement Form
UIL Steroid Agreement Form
Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Form
You can find all this information on our district website.
Go to columbusisd.org → Athletics → Sports Medicine → Athletic Paperwork → then scroll to the bottom and you will see the forms. Download the forms, fill them out, and either email them to me at email@example.com or send them with your child when they come to practice. Preferably with your child. The emergency contact information form will be separate and it will be located on the second page on the link below. Please fill that out!! https://qrgo.page.link/URYAH
School Supply Lists
Students that are attending on-campus will be required to purchase the required school supplies. Students that are participating in online/virtual learning will need school supplies; however, it will be left up to the parent as to which supplies to purchase.
1. Should we return to school on campus during the 2020-21 school year, students that started in a virtual setting will be required to bring supplies.
2. School supply lists can be found online at www.columbusisd.org under the tab “Parents/Students” at the top of the page.