New Beginnings' Newsletter
Your place for a fresh start!
Hear a special welcome from Pastor Eddie as he welcomes you to NBC. We pray that you find all that you and your family are searching for, right here at New Beginnings Church.
It's your place for a FRESH START!
What's happening at NBC?
Calling all men!
On Saturday, October 17th for 8am @29 Park Place Dr. Come join the men of NBC for breakfast and a timely word from Pastor Eddie. To sign up, see the Information Table in the Fellowship Hall or call 985-892-8003.
Coming up during this holiday season on Saturday, December 5th, the ladies of NBC will be gathering for a very special event; you won't want to miss it so mark your calendars. More details will be released soon!
During the 8:30am and 10am services on Sunday, October 25th, Communion will be served! Communion is always a special time for the NBC family. We pray you can join us!
Calling all men!
NBC Connect Groups
- At New Beginnings Church from 5-6:30pm, Kevin/Carla Diggs and Nathan/Amanda Henderson will teach Driven by Eternity by John Bevere. Childcare will be provided.
- Matthew Mele will be teaching The Wheel of the Obedient Christian to young men ages 13-17. Location/time: 74712 River Road, Covington from 5-6:30pm
- At New Beginnings Church from 6:30-8pm, Nick/Martha Dipascal will be teaching Unshakable Hope by Max Lucado. No childcare is provided
- Dallas and Kendall Swan will be hosting a young adults group @7pm at 106 Woods Dr., Madisonville. They will be teaching Crash the Chatterbox by Steven Furtick. No childcare
- Eddie and Peggy Swan will be teaching 4 Laws of Love by Jimmy Evans @6:30pm at 436 Northpark Blvd., Covington. This group is for married couples or those about to be married. No childcare
- Ara Porche and Laurie Brown will be hosting ladies @7pm at New Beginnings Church, as they teach Lysa Terkeurst's, It's Not Suppose to be this Way.
- Corey and Christy Hastings (every other Wednesday) will be meeting @6:30pm at 18143 Three Rivers Rd., Covington to study Andy Stanley's Time of Your Life.
- Kathy Petz and Yvette Dupuis will be teaching a ladies group based on The Power of Your Words by Robert Morris @9:30am at New Beginnings Church. No childcare
- Nancy Thomas will be hosting a time of Intercessory Prayer @6:30pm at New Beginnings Church. There will be a time of teaching followed by prayer. No childcare
- Tracy Hillman will be hosting a ladies group @6pm based on the Book of Mysteries by Jonathan Cahn at 12491 Stanga Road, Covington. No childcare
- Courtney McElhannon will be hosting young ladies ages 12-17yrs. @7pm at New Beginnings Church.
- Caleb Hayes and Alex Jarrell will be teaching through the Book of Acts at New Beginnings Church @7pm. No childcare
- Austen Felder will be hosting ladies ages 16-30 on the LAST Friday of every month from 6-8pm. No childcare
Meet the Connect Group Leaders
NBC Partnership Journey
If you are interested in becoming a partner with New Beginnings Church, the Partnership Track sessions will begin again in November. Stay tuned, good things are coming your way!
ONLINE Partnership sessions!
NBC Children's Church Christmas Play
The NBC Christmas play is coming on Sunday, December 13th! The sign-up sheet for the Christmas play (ages preschool to youth) is located at the COUNT ME IN table. For more information call 985-892-8003 or email Pastor Eric at email@example.com.
Practices will take place at 29 Park Place Dr. and will begin at 4pm,
practice schedule will be as follows:
Sunday, October 18th @4pm
Sunday, November 1st @4pm
Sunday, November 15th @4pm
Sunday, November 29th @4pm
Sunday, December 6th @4pm
Saturday, December 12th @4pm
NBC Connection Kids' Ministries
NBC Connection Preschool
NBC Connection Kids
You can find NBC on Youtube! Simply search New Beginnings Church Covington, LA and find our stream and other sermon videos. Be sure to subscribe!
NBC is on Vimeo! Type in vimeo.com/nbcfreshstart as your web address and get ready to be encouraged! You can also find Connection Kids' videos here.
NBC announcements and livestream is located on Facebook. Be sure to click the "LIKE" button to follow all the great things happening at New Beginnings Church.
Giving to NBC
Click below to listen to the NBC OCTOBER Podcast!
- Mail in your tithes and offerings to 29 Park Place Dr., Covington 70433
- Visit NB.CHURCH and click the "GIVE" tab
- Text the word "GIVE" to 985-241-8003
Luke 6:38 says, "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Have a Prayer Request?
Psalm 34:15: “The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are
attentive to their cry.”
Missions- As you give, NBC gives
Mark 16:15, "He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all creation.' "
Join us as we pray for the missionaries that New Beginnings Church supports!
Kenisha Bienemy (Indonesia)
Jason Curtis (Arab World)
Charles Gravely (Belgium)
Kelli Miller (Israel)
Shane Phelps (Arab World)
Kody Barbier (Kenya, Africa)
Aaron Domengeaux (Kenya, Africa)
Luis and Lourdes Padilla (Argentina)
Speed the Light (Transportation Supplier to Missionaries Worldwide)
LOCAL AND REGIONAL MISSIONS
Jody Dyess (Free International Human Trafficking Ministry)
Morgan Fulton (Xavier Campus)
Tyler Gerfers (ULM Campus)
Jonathan Buras (LSU Campus)
Joshua Holder (N.O. Street Ministry Homeless and Hurting)
Reach America (Church Planting)
Compassion that Compels (Cancer Ministry)
Curtis Conerly (US Missions Disaster Relief)
Habitat for Humanity (W. St. Tammany)
New Orleans Mission (Homeless and Hurting)
Angle Tree (providing Christmas to children of incarcerated parents)
Adopt the Hurting and the helpless during the holidays
Singles Moms Ministry 2020
The Vision and Purpose of NBC
The vision of New Beginnings is to reach the Northshore community with the life giving message of Jesus Christ, and to teach those we reach to become true disciples, ultimately reproducing themselves. We say it like this....reach and teach we don't just want them to know, but to grow.
The purpose of New Beginnings is to be a life giving beacon of hope, a sanctuary for the hopeless, and a haven for the downtrodden. As Jesus Himself said, "It's not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick". New Beginnings is a place for a fresh start.