Madonna College of Education
September 2012 News
SFT, KDP and MECC Club Meeting
Thursday, Sep 20th 2012 at 7-8:30pm
36600 Schoolcraft Rd
You are invited to become part of our Society of Future Teachers (SFT), Kappa Delta Pi honor society (KDP), and/or Madonna Early Childhood Club (MECC)! Join us in room 2423 for a kick off event that will allow you to join one or more of these organizations.
All three organizations are sponsoring a short presentation from a local storyteller, who will demonstrate storytelling, and offer tips for teachers and others who work with children to use when they share stories with their students. Following her presentation, each club will hold a brief business meeting.
Come and learn what each organization is all about. We'll have light refreshments, and take photos you can use as part of your portfolio. If you have any questions, please call the College of Education office, 734.432.5644.
Madonna University 75th Birthday Party - Bring Your Family to Meet Ours!
Saturday, Sep 22nd 2012 at 12-2:30pm
Community Conversation on the Future of Education
Tuesday, Oct 2nd 2012 at 4:30-6pm
36600 Schoolcraft Rd
Room 2203 - Madonna Main Campus
The Center for Michigan "aims to engage thousands of people across Michigan in these discussions through the end of 2012 in hopes of ensuring that the perspectives of Michigan residents on education are fully considered in the 2012 elections and by the newly elected state legislators once they reach Lansing in January 2013. The Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and nonpartisan organization. We never endorse political parties or candidates.”
Share your views on the following topics in education:
· Raising the Bar for Entry and Improving Teacher Preparation;
· Providing Stronger Support for Teachers and School Leaders;
· Holding Teachers and School Leaders More Accountable for Student Learning/Performance;
· Expanding Preschool and Early Childhood Programs;
· Changing the School Calendar;
· Reducing Class Sizes;
· Increasing School Choice;
· Providing “Any Time Any Place Learning Through Online Technologies;” and
· Exploring New Approaches for Family Engagement in Schools.
RSVP to Dr. Rick Benedict: firstname.lastname@example.org