St. Viator Parish School
Viator Voice: February 1, 2021
As communities of faith, Catholic schools instill in students their destiny to become saints. Academic excellence is the hallmark of Catholic education intentionally directed to the growth of the whole person – mind, body and spirit. Finally, service is fundamental to Catholic education and the core of Catholic discipleship. Service is intended to help form people who are not only witnesses to Catholic social teaching, but also active participants through social learning.
The CSW logo emphasizes that the Catholic school, like the Catholic Church, is not a building or an institution, but it is the people. As the people of God, we work together to bring the Kingdom of God to Earth and raise up the next generation to do the same. The image of teachers and students forming the foundation of the school shows that they are active people of faith who serve others and God. May we all strive to live in active service of Jesus and his mission as we nationally join together during Catholic Schools Week and always.
We are very blessed at St. Viator Parish School by the many people who advance our mission. May our building continue to be a home for those who seek to grow in faith, knowledge, and service of others. May our community always support one another and exhibit hospitality to newcomers. May HE fill our minds with knowledge and wisdom. May our understanding of the world help us to grow in appreciation for it.
May God continue to bless you abundantly for all that you do for HIS children!
Happy Catholic Schools Week!
Mrs. Tracy Brunelle
- We enjoy a quality Catholic Education and students exceed St. Viator's high academic expectations.
- We make learning more engaging and relevant to our young students.
- We are lectors, ushers, altar servers, & gift bearers at Mass when permitted.
- We pray throughout our day: upon rising, as we start school, before and after meals, at the end of our school day, and as we lay our heads down to rest.
- We step up and support each other in good times and all times
- ...and so much more!
- Our students score well above the national percentile and lead the Diocese in achievement test data.
- Our students currently in high school often report that they feel exceptionally prepared. Even those who struggled to reach SVS high expectations are out performing peers.
- Students tested at BGHS have received acceptance letters. 50% of our 8th grade students are getting ready to register for their 9th grade classes.
- Our Grade Equivalents are perfectly on point, showing 8th grade levels and many students who are exceeding that.
- Overall averages are consistent with the larger group that tested overall at BGHS.
- As you can see, many of our students are helping to lead the pack.
Our current and former students share their personal time and talent with the community
SVS Sensory Space for MICAH Students
Eagle Scout Project
At the beginning of the school year, we were approached by William M., SVS Class of 2020 with an Eagle Scout Project idea! He had researched and presented his idea of a sensory space at St. Viator to support the MICAH students. Sensory rooms are spaces dedicated to sensory experiences designed specifically to help individuals to feel calm, supported, and focused.
He worked with Boy Scout council who approved the project and he received donations for the space. This past weekend, he and his family constructed the space.
Our Micah students are over the moon excited with their new space! Thank you, William!
Precious Reaction to the new space by All
Can you Balance a Bot? Third Grade can! Check out their Balancing Bots STREAM Challenge
We recognize that you have a choice and we are very blessed by YOU!
Registration packets for the 2021-22 academic school year will go home this week. Please check the yellow communication folder.
Extended Care SIGN UP GENIUS
We have Elementary Students on TIK TOK App! Are You Aware of the Dangers?
here are Simple Steps to Keep Your child safe...
In case you missed it last week, here are the theme days and activities planned for Catholic Schools week:
P WEEK WAS phenomenal in PreKindergarten!
PJs, Police, Pillow FIghts and more!
Little Effort, Big Rewards to the School!
Scrip FINAL orders for the 20 -21 school year will be February 24th with pick up February 26th. Parents please check your balance to see if you are near the $200 required as there is still time to place those scrip orders. Invoices for those families who did not meet the $200 requirement will go out by March 5th.