Upcoming Junior Events
- Siena College Junior Day: On May 5th, Siena College will be hosting a day for juniors and families to attend workshops, tour Siena's campus, and speak with admission counselors. Various workshops will be held on financial aid, admissions committees, the college interview, and how to complete an application. For registration information, please click here. This is great information, regardless of the college/university you plan to attend!
- Are you interested in applying to WEST POINT? If so, you should begin your application right away by visiting: apply.usma.edu. You also need to see your counselor immediately!
- Spring College Night: hosted by SUNY Adirondack on May 3rd from 6:00 - 8:00 pm. Colleges and universities from all over the Northeast will be represented. This is a fantastic opportunity to get great information from a variety of places. This will also satisfy one job shadow requirement! See your counselor if you have any questions!
How To Get The Most Out Of The Admission Interview
Many of you will apply to colleges in the next few months and are probably wondering about the college interview process. Here are few tips so you can ace that interview:
- What type of interview are you participating in:
- Required Interview: these are required by some colleges for all students
- Evaluative Interview: the interview will play a little role in the admissions process
- Know some basic information about the school you are visiting. It is a good idea to have some questions prepared. After all, the interview should be two sided.
- Have confidence when you enter an admissions office. Make sure you check in at the front desk, not your parents/guardians. Often times, this is your first impression - make it a good one! Be professional and be on your best behavior. This is your time to shine!
- Try to be yourself during the interview. Be relaxed and let the admissions counselor see who you really are.
If you are interested in seeing a list of possible interview questions, visit the College Board by clicking here.
Upcoming Spring SAT & ACT Test Dates
We encourage all students to take the SAT and the ACT this spring. By taking it while you are a junior, you will have another opportunity to take both tests in the fall of your senior year. Statistically speaking, students score better on these tests each time they take them. Do yourself a favor and take it now! If you need assistance registering or if the fee presents a hardship, please see your counselor!
June 4th - Registration deadline: May 5th
June 11th (at CHS) - registration deadline: May 6th
New Distance Learning Courses Offered in 2016-2017
See your counselor immediately if you are interested in adding any of the following courses to your schedule next year:
- Marine Science
- Italian I & II
- Nano-technology (must have taken Geometry and be enrolled in or have taken Chemistry)
- Developmental Psychology (offered through HVCC)