January 20, 2021
Q&A Session with Ms. Agans
Parents/guardians and students with questions regarding:
- First-semester grading guidance
- New attendance guidance and reporting
- The upcoming PSAT
Please join Ms. Agans on Monday, January 25, 2021, from 6:00 until 6:30 pm for a question and answer session via Teams.
Yearbook Picture Makeup Day - Tomorrow!
Underclassmen - picture makeup day: Thursday, January 21, 2021
- Face to Face students: during English classes
- Remote students: 3:30 - 5:30 pm, by student last name
- Student Center
Alternative Photo Submission
There will be an option for students who do not feel comfortable coming into the building for a professional session with Cady Photography. Please complete the form below if you would like to receive a link and instructions from Balfour to submit a picture.
Last opportunity for Yearbook Senior Portraits: Tuesday, February 2, 2021
- Student Center
- Additional information on times to follow.
Congratulations Mr. Kelley!
Thank you, Mr. Kelley, for bringing theater to our students and the community during a time when we need it the most.
Cambridge TAG Information
All TAG students should fill out the TAG Registration form for the second semester by Friday, January 22, 2021:
Please view the Cambridge TAG information for Parents/Guardians and Students for Second Semester, 2021 below.
PSAT: Registration due by Thursday, January 21
We are providing an opportunity for all 9th, 10th, and 11th-grade students to participate in an administration of the PSAT on Tuesday, January 26, 2021. This test can only be done in person. There are no virtual/remote options.
To support us in providing a safer testing environment, we require all eligible students wishing to participate in this PSAT administration to register using the link below.
The registration deadline is 4:00 pm Thursday, January 21, 2021. Eligible students who choose not to participate will work remotely on asynchronous assignments. All seniors will learn remotely and be asynchronous on PSAT day.
Students not taking the PSAT can collect their free breakfast and lunch for January 21. Parents/guardians should email the cafe manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if your student would like to pick up a single day meal kit on Monday, January 20, after dismissal.
- During the second semester, attendance will be taken by the teacher for all students each class period, including advisement.
- In the F2F setting, teachers will mark students who are physically in class as present. In the remote setting, when the class is being taught synchronously, the teacher will mark students who log in and actively participate as present. Please talk to your teacher if you have any questions regarding participation in class as a remote student.
When absences do occur, parents and guardians (only) can submit the Student Attendance Form to report that absence to the school.
Class of 2021 Graduation Celebration
Graduation package fees are $125.00 and will increase to $150.00 on February 1, 2021. Seniors participating in our Graduation Celebration are required to purchase a graduation package.
Counseling Department Updates
- Seniors! FSAF applications as soon as possible
- Mid-Year Grades/Transcripts
- Dual Enrollment at Kennesaw State University
- Summer Program Virtual Fair (top US colleges and universities)
- Career Options & Choices Workshop
2021 High School State Leadership Conference
Registration Deadline: February 8
Competitive Event Submission Deadline: February 8
SLC Skills (Word, Spreadsheets, Computer Applications) Testing Dates: February 8-12
SLC Online Testing Dates: February 25-26, March 1-3
See Ms. Yarrington for more information in room 2445, or email at email@example.com
Thursdays are #CambridgeReads! Take time during advisement to get into a book you enjoy, just for the fun of it! Join our schoolwide book club, #CambridgeReads. See more about this month's selection below.
Remember, attendance is taken during advisement. Make sure you are logging in to your advisement class each day.
#CambridgeReads Book Club
#CambridgeReads Book Club continues as our next selection is The Orphan Keeper, written by Camron Wright. #CambridgeReads Book Club is open to all students, staff, teachers, and parents! Our next book discussion will be Thursday, February 4, 2021, at 5:00 pm over Teams.