Women’s Self Defense
Equip yourself against threats and violence
Every woman should know how to protect herself
The Chinese Martial Arts School is offering a hands-on weekend seminar in Women’s Self Defense. You will learn quick and effective skills to handle unwelcome situations against you or your loved ones.
Learn How To:
- Strike with force
- Use anything as a weapon
- Disable your offender with basic punches and kicks
- Recognize threats and danger in your surroundings
- Execute simple throwing techniques in case of a surprise attack from behind
- Apply joint locks for offenders attempting to grab or throw you to the ground
All women of every walk of life and fitness level are welcome.
- Saturday, June 25th, 1 - 4pm
- Sunday, June 26th, 1 - 4pm
- Cost: $190 (Early registration by June 1st: $170)
- Returning students who have participated before can refresh course work at a discounted rate of $80
Max capacity for this class will be held to 10 to ensure that you get individual attention.
About the Instructor
Sifu Yamel Torres is a teacher of traditional Chinese martial arts with over 22 years of instructional experience. He has trained multiple regional and national medalists in sparring and forms competitions. He earned his Master of Traditional Oriental Medicine Degree from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine where he is also a faculty member. Sifu Yamel is a Board Certified Acupuncturist and Herbalist currently in private practice in Chicago, focusing his efforts on lasting holistic wellness.