By Sachin Rama
Common work activities
- Get information needed to do the job.
- Assist and care for others.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
- Identify objects, actions, and events.
- Establish and maintain relationships.
- Work with the public.
- Document and record information.
- Monitor events, materials, and surroundings.
- Think creatively.
- Develop goals and strategies.
- Update and use job-related knowledge.
- Communicate with people outside the organization.
- Explain the meaning of information to others.
- Process information.
- Judge the value of objects, services, or people.
- Perform activities that use the whole body.
- Analyze data or information.
- Provide advice and consultation to others.
- Organize, plan, and prioritize work.
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, or subordinates.
Skills And Abilities
- Listen to others, understand, and ask questions.
- Read and understand work-related materials.
- Express ideas clearly when speaking and writing.
Reason and Problem Solve
- Combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions.
- Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- Judge the costs and benefits of a possible action.
- Develop rules or follow guidelines when arranging items or actions in a certain order.
- Understand new information or materials by studying and working with them.
- Identify problems and review information. Develop, review, and apply solutions.
Manage Oneself, People, Time, and Things
- Check how well one is learning or doing something.
Work with People
- Be aware of others' reactions and change behavior in relation to them.
- Look for ways to help people.
Perceive and Visualize
- Identify a pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in distracting material.
- Imagine how something will look if it is moved around or its parts are rearranged.
Helpful High School courses
Anatomy and Physiology
a branch of morphology that deals with the structure of organisms
the development of a business from the ground up
Safety and First Aid
the assistance given to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury