Types of Stressors
2. Acute Stressors- these are short term stressors that will soon be resolved.
3. Personal or Non Personal Stressors- these stressors are caused by things that cannot be controlled.
4. Trigger Stressors- these are reminders of past stress that produce a new stress response.
5.Daily Hassels- which include, weight, money or family can put additional stress on your life.
Benefits and Consequences of stress
- Stress increases focus
- Boosts brain power by releasing adrenaline
- it motivates you to succeed
Some Consequences of stress
- You get burnt out
- Weight loss/gain
Signs and Symptoms of stress
- upset stomach
- chest pain
- frequent cold or infections
Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary prevention of stress
- lifestyle management
- participation in self improvement
- get involved in programs that are interesting to you
- get involved in group or club activities
- Medical care or treatment
Defense Mechanisms of Stress
- Acting out
Stress Management Techniques
- spending time with your loved ones
- getting into hobbies