How Water Conservation Affects Us?

By: Hannah, Joshua, Emma, Trenton

Water distribution on earth

Water Distribution here! Did you know about 97% of me is spread around the world, this part of me is called the oceans and the seas. The other 3% of me is freshwater and only 0.5% of me is able to be swallowed and used by humans. The 2.5% I forgot is frozen in polar ice caps, glaciers, and icebergs. I encourage you to conserve water because before we know it in the future water will either run out or we will find a way to change asaltwater to freshwater. Soon in the future, my best friend Water Conservation will not matter to humans and Water Usage will rule the world! But aquifers, rainfall, natural lakes, reservoirs, and rivers are all freshwater sources as well as ground water.
Big image

Water Usage

As my reaches, Each person use about 80-100 gallons of water each day. Who keeps the water running while brushing their teeth, will use 1.875 gallons of water, but normally is about 1 gallon each time. Also, each person shower about 2-2.5 gallons per minute, old shower heads use as much as 4 gallons per minute. Each family use clothes washer 25 gallons for newer washers, older models use about 40 gallons per load each time. Each Californian uses an average of 181 gallons of water each day. 50% of water is use for environmental, 40% for agricultural, and 10% for urban in California. See the image below, it explains how much water have use in each part of California in 2005.
Big image

Water Conservation tip

  1. Instead of full baths to clean up use five minute showers to save water.

  2. During your daily cleaning of you of your handS turn of the water when applying soup to save water

  3. When you or other kids want to cool of do it with the sprinkler in the back yard because there be a not for both kids, you and the plants/grass.

  4. when you wash pets at home do it in a area in your lawn that needs water so the leftover water goes to the drying plants.

  5. Try to stay away from water toys that need a constant flow of water to not waste water not on your body.
Big image
Big image