Fourth Grade PEAK
November 11, 2014
1. Power of One Project :Discuss at home - passions you have as a family. I stress 4 P's:
Passion - What is my passion?
Purpose - How am I going to make a difference?
Planning - What steps do I need to follow to have a successful project to impact the world?
Permission - Do my parents and teacher approve of the project?
4 P's = ONE POWERFUL POWER OF ONE PROJECT
2. Edmodo: Common Bonds - Be sure to finish this up for next week! We will share answers next Tuesday.
Students participating in the Kahoot Scientific Vocabulary Quiz Game
- Topic Study: We are wrapping up vocabulary presentations and starting new projects. Student Essential questions drive our learning.
- Math: We continue to solve problems. We have some excellent math problem solvers.
- Science: Some students finished writing their final paper towel experiment. Some students conducted the experiment. Everyone should be finished with this last experiment next week.
- Today students participated in an online quiz to test our knowledge of scientific vocabulary. The kids like it so much that some want to use this format for a topic study project for their independent research topic.
- Students learned to cite sources through Easy Bib - what an awesome research tool!
- Students are actively using their Chrome books
- We have organized our Google Drives
- Practiced sharing and saving documents
- Bookmarked important websites
- Actively working in Google Classroom
- Set up a PEAK Powtoons account - we should have fun with this!
- We introduced Edmodo another online learning tool!
Classroom Book Source:
- Students learned how to check out books electronically from my classroom library.
- There is a link on my student resource page for students to "Tweet" about the day. I will post 5 tweets a week on my classroom board - some may even make it to real twitter. Tweets should be relevant to our learning day.
- Please follow me on twitter - you never know when a tweet will post about your child's PEAK day!
Create a Graph:
- Applied our knowledge on how to make graphs online.
- Online note taking application used during Topic Study.