March 13, 2020
With the rapidly developing situation surrounding COVID-19, parents have many questions about school. Yesterday a joint communication from NHUSD, NHTA, and CSEA was sent out from our Q communication system. I am including a link to that communication below for your reference.
Questions have come up regarding student attendance at this time. If you choose to keep your child home from school due to COVID-19 concerns, we will not be pursuing any truancy actions against your child for nonattendance during this period of time. These absences are technically considered "unexcused" and we are not asking teachers to provide work for absences. If the situation changes and we move to a school closure, we will be providing information on distance learning opportunities that will be available to ALL students.
If you decide to keep your child home due to concerns, please email at email@example.com and provide us with the following information. If you prefer to call in the absence, the attendance line is 510-475-9630 option 3.
- Name of child or children
- Teacher of child or children
- Relationship to child or children
- Reason for absence
- Date of planned absences - please provide a date range as we cannot leave this open ended (e.g. March 16 - March 20). If a date range is not provided, we will mark the absence for that day only.
All events including field trips, assemblies and performances will be postponed or cancelled between now and April 10, 2020. While we will try to reschedule events, it may not be possible to do so prior to the end of the school year. To keep updated with event status, please subscribe on our website at https://eas.mynhusd.org/apps/pages/covid19update.
This information is based on business as usual. Please check the COVID-19: Event Status Updates page for additional information about field trips, assemblies, and performances.
- Spring Picture Day - Friday, March 13th
- School Site Council meeting - Wednesday, March 18th @ 2:30 pm
- Modified Day - Wednesday, March 18th [students released at 12:05 pm]
- NWEA 6th Grade Accelerated Math Assessment at IVCMS @ 4:00 pm
- Spring Break! March 30th through April 3rd - Enjoy time with your family
Spring State Testing Dates
- Testing for 3rd through 5th grade English Learner students will happen on March 23th, 24th, and 25th.
- Testing for Transitional Kindergarten through 2nd grade English Learner students will happen April 30th, May 1st, and May 4th.
- Attendance is critical during these testing windows.
California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP)
- All 3rd - 5th Grade Students
- Testing will begin the week of April 27th and we hope to finish by May 15th
- Attendance is critical during this testing window.