All Things Fisher Family
PJFMS Weekly Parent & Student Newsletter 9/20-9/24/2021
School Vandalism via Social Media Platforms
Students have been warned that acts of vandalism of school property or other related behaviors will result in out of school suspension and such acts may also result in arrest and a recommendation for expulsion.
PLEASE discuss this situation with your child and urge them to make the right choice. If they are a participant in such behaviors there will be consequences. If they know of someone who is engaging in these destructive and criminal behaviors please have them report it to an adult immediately.
Fisher Firebirds must hold themselves to a higher standard and that starts with taking care of our school. I thank you in advance for your support and attention to this serious situation.
GCS COVID Testing Sites
Fisher Middle School Picture Day Set for September 27th
E.D.G.E. Monthly Luncheons
Click here to learn more about Hispanic Heritage Month
Fisher Middle School PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports
What is PBIS?
PBIS stands for Positive Behavioral and Intervention Supports
In schools, this framework involves directly teaching students expected behaviors in the building. Expected behaviors are worded in a positive way, focusing on how students should behave, rather than what they shouldn't do. PBIS schools use rewards for students to celebrate their success.
What are the Fisher expectations:
Be Safe, Be Ready, Be Respectful
What is a Fisher Feather?
Fisher Feathers are what the teachers and staff members use to reward students who are meeting our expectations. Students can exchange their Fisher Feathers for treats every other Friday in the Fisher Feather store. If you are would like to work in the Fisher Feather store, please feel free to call the office to sign up.
Donations Needed for our store:
We are always on the lookout for treats/snacks/drinks/etc that will motivate our students to behave. If you would like to donate anything to the Fisher Feather store it would be greatly appreciated. You can just send it into the office with the label PBIS and our front office staff will get it to where it needs to go.
Want to be a PJFMS Parent Volunteer?
Parents are strongly encouraged to create a Backpack account for their children. Greenville County Schools uses Backpack to provide parents with the most recent news and information about our schools. The Backpack for Parents account also provides parents, guardians, or contacts with a central place to sign in to:
- View their student's information including demographics, attendance, classes, grades, lunch balances, and test scores
- Apply or register their student to Special Focus schools and programs (Fine Arts Center, Career Centers, etc.)
- Receive alerts and notifications regarding their students
- View their student's school and contact information
- Manage parent and contact information for their students
Click the link for instructions.
PJFMS Dress Code
Click HERE to access the 2021-22 Dress Code
PJFMS Redo/Retake Procedures
Click HERE to access the 2021-22 Redo/Retake Procedures
PJFMS Late Work Procedures
Click HERE to access the 2021-22 Late Work Procedures
- If you need extra carline numbers your Firebird can get them in the office with an ID
- The RIGHT LANE is for 6th Grade cars only
- The LEFT LANE is for 7th & 8th Grade cars only
- If you are 7th/8th do not block the right lane in the AM so folks can get through
- Pull all the way around when you arrive in either location so we can fit more cars in the car loop
- Drop is only ONE lane in morning drop off (nearest the sidewalk)
- Your child should Be Ready to unload upon arrival
- Everyone has some place to be in the morning. Be Patient, Be Safe and Be Kind!
After School Carline
- We begin double stacking at 2:45 or after as 2:45 is when Early Dismissal ends. Please leave a lane open for Early Dismissal families until after 2:45.
- Upon entering the car loop pull all the way around to the stopping point... even if you see your child next to you. A supervisor will be at the stopping point
- Carline numbers begin getting posted before 3:00PM
- Carline numbers are posted on our boards using SAS
- Your child MUST be watching for you. LOTS of parents are getting frustrated because the line is called to move and folks want to hold up the line waiting for their child. When it's time to go, it's time to go.
- Your child should NOT load into your vehicle until a supervisor loads them and especially NOT when cars are still moving
- When we stop loading and release cars, the whole group is to pass through.
- If your child did not load you have 2 choices: 1) Go through the carline again 2) Pull into the south parking lot, park, and walk up to get your child. Holding up carline is not an option
- We release the first wave at 3:21 and approximately every 3 minutes thereafter
- Your child's number is already posted during this time so if they are outside it means their number has been posted (Until we call All Remaining)
- We have discussed After School expectations for Being Ready, Being Respectful & Being Safe with our students over this first week. Please reinforce these expectations with your Firebird.
- Finally, be reminded that we dismiss at 3:15PM. All car riders should be picked up by 3:45PM.
- Any parent arriving at 4:00 or later will be expected to park, come to the main office, and sign your child out.
We appreciate your help!